Who owns the eggs?

A judge is to decide whether a mother can use her dead daughter's frozen eggs to give birth to her own grandchild.

Surely this is going in the wrong direction, if the judge says yes?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-33132616

Freezing eggs is particularly stupid. It's someone like Mary Berry the mother should be seeking advice from, not a judge.

In any case, all eggs (frozen or not), have a 'best before end of ...' date, either stamped on them, or the box they come in. I for one, certainly wouldn't feed frozen eggs to a small child anyway ... irrespective of aforementioned judge or Berry.

She's lost her daughter and likely wishes her daughter to continue in some form..she has the opportunity to realize that. Personally I hope her wishes are granted.

I disagree. They are not her eggs, and her request is about her desires. A child should not be a memory token. It's sad that the lady's daughter has died, but that's where this should end.

I disagree. They are not her eggs, and her request is about her desires. A child should not be a memory token. It's sad that the lady's daughter has died, but that's where this should end.

I totally agree with you...... and to top it all, the mother is 59 years old. :shakes: