Forge Valley -Dinner time cut ??

Less time for them to cause mayhem and throw their rubbish about around the shops. Looks a tip after they've been around

If they aren't in the dining halls then the excuse about limited capacity is irrelevant isn't it?

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 15:16 ----------

Err, put someone on the gate to stop them doing so? :confused:

They're not in a prison though... Can the school legally do that?

Those that don't take packed lunches spend 10 to 15 minutes in the queue for their hot dinner, I've heard many say they didn't have time to finish their lunch.

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 15:24 ----------

[quote=

They're not in a prison though... Can the school legally do that?

When I was at school no one was let out at lunch time unless you had a special pass the idea was that the teachers were still responsible for the child until after school.

No-one else mentioned them. The topic is SCHOOLKIDS!

We know what the topic is, what's your point ??

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 16:15 ----------

Well, I wasnt allowed to leave at lunchtime. So what has changed?

There's a form to fill in which asks if a child can leave at dinner time or not I do remember filling my sons in

But the increasing number of pupils relying on school buses home often can't access after school clubs.

And we are back to the bizarre catchment area of the school. To catch normal public buses it would take 2 buses for most to get home. The Stannington lot love to moan about this school because they know there kids don't have to go there. The green buses to Bradfield and Myers actually pass each other. Crazy, but not likely to change when councilors have no will to change it. I can only guess why.

I don't think 30 minutes is anywhere near long enough to queue, sit and eat a lunch.

The green buses to Bradfield and Myers actually pass each other. Crazy, but not likely to change when councilors have no will to change it. I can only guess why..

Maybe because buses have nothing to do with councilors....

Maybe just maybe - the Large school was a stupid idea in the first place as for litter problem get more bins up there or do a community litter pick or stop moaning ?? seems to be no problem in wisewood area with litter must be just a stannington problem now;):hihi:

But the increasing number of pupils relying on school buses home often can't access after school clubs.

I used to have to catch two buses as my school was out of the catchment area (through choice). I stayed behind most nights to do sports clubs, and often arrived early to go to the library.