The Bottom Welly, Shalesmoor

jemson

All joking apart, I hope the Wellington won't have changed too much. After the disaster the developers made of the Ship Inn, we don't need another hipster hangout

The problem with The Ship is that they refurbished it and rebranded it as an "artisan craft pub" but then continued to sell some frankly dull and very boring beers.

:hihi: it's great fun, it's like a face to face version of trolling ;)

And the fact you look a tad hipster-ish yourself Dave... that must be really confusing to them!

---------- Post added 19-10-2016 at 10:08 ----------

The problem with The Ship is that they refurbished it and rebranded it as an "artisan craft pub" but then continued to sell some frankly dull and very boring beers.

Ah...see...that is where you are slightly wrong. Artisan Tap is the name of the chain who own The Ship. They have a few bars. The Tap and Barrel in Pontefract being one.

Though you are correct in principal of course, about the term being used out of context. I think 'artisan' is the new 'craft'. In the same way that Greene King are trying to 'craft' their bars up a bit and use the term 'crafted' judiciously.

Though I do remember a couple of places flirting with the term 'boutique' a year or so back. Thank God that didn't catch on!

Below the belt! a month of CBA to shave ain't the same as a sculpted citra-oil infused hedge! ;)

Citra oil you say? Sounds delightful! Where can one obtain such a product?

I'd be using your empty bags of hops as a face flannel if I'd have known!

ANYWAY...back to topic. If anyone goes here tonight/tomorrow will they post what it's like please? Might make a trip down at the weekend after second beer fest visit / finding out they have no beer left.

Edited by DnAuK

I am going later this afternoon before beer festival.

If it is Neepsend pub I am expecting it to look like Black and Sheaf View.

I shall post comments via Untppd when I have one of their guest ales

Cheers Pete. I will be watching your check-ins with interest. I always assumed that the Blake and Sheaf were pretty much taken over like that tho. Doesn't look like either has had a refurb in many years.

Wow. It's unreal to thick that some guys go around with a beard that smells (and tastes?) better than many locally produced real ales! I'm definitely tempted to try some myself next time I get dragged on a Wetherspoons pub crawl. 'Only British hops' indeed...

From the photos I`ve seen , Bottom Welly should be nice enough and not too Artisan! Didn`t Ship get nominated for a design award by Sheff CAMRA!?!?!?

I`ll leave Welly til next week when it settles a bit but I `ll be at festival by 6. Pretty sure my beard isn`t hip or artisan.