Rotherham scandal..Do you feel guilty?

I know they're is already a thread on the Rotherham scandal and if possible moderators I'd like to keep this separate (it would be handy if we could have a sub thread)

This scandal has been ongoing since the late 90's early 00's, since then have you ever seen anything you thought odd? Have you heard any stories that now fits in? I remember in the late 90's on a tram seeing a young white girl around 13/14/15 with two (what I presumed at the time to be) Pakistani young men of around 21-25,

Being youngish myself at the time I remember thinking to myself that this young lass was just a young slapper but now thinking back I remember she had shopping bags with her from expensive shops and also a brand new mobile phone at the time I was thinking to myself she was only with these blokes for their money. I remember this quite vividly and its played on my mind since this scandal came to light.

Can you remember anything involving young white girls and Pakistani men?

did you see panorama last night ? its clear that south yorkshire police knew about the problems , the people who could have done something .

Labour are partly to blame because they have over the years encouraged mass immigration to rely on these people's votes.

Reap what you sow!

There has been immigration under all governments since the 40s. Another council criticised for doing little about child sex grooming from 2005 to 2011 was Oxfordshire County Council which at the time was run by the Conservatives. It's also Cameron's local council.

https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/news/2015/mar/council-accepts-findings-bullfinch-serious-case-review

I saw Jimmy Saville on TV loads of times next to young children. Omg! Should I feel guilty? I just thought he was a nice bloke. OMG!

I know you were trying to be humorous, but your analogy is complete nonsense.

Watching someone on TV who in the future is guilty of a crime ≠ voting for a political party who knowingly enabled and covered up sexual crimes against children.

I don't think that this has anything to do with politics, but abuse of power related to political correctness. Just as others abused their power related to celebrity, wealth or position.

Should anybody feel guilty about this?

Well clearly those employed to protect the vulnerable that decided to ignore the problem because, well, it was just a bit difficult, and they might be seen as racist, should feel guilty.

But this problem clearly runs deep. I remember many times people expressing concern about the behaviour of men and young girls in a variety of situations, and it was inevitable that the person expressing the concerns would be shouted down as a racist for even thinking what was happening.

I was abused when very young. People close to me knew what the man was but said nothing, even letting this man take me on outings.

I have found it very hard to forgive, even now that everyone involved is dead there is still a core of bitterness.

The upshot of my past experience means that I would never 'look the other way' and my contempt for all those who did is endless. It's not just the police but social services, medical staff, teachers and so on.

It is not enough to report your suspicions, especially when a child has come to you for help, but to shout and keep on shouting till someone who can do something about it, takes notice.

It breaks my heart to think of all those children and what they went through. Not just the 'big' cases, but every single child who has been so badly let down. We should all be alert for signs that all is not well with a child (remember it is very hard for a child to 'tell' and some never do)

I could write an essay on this subject but I'd better stop now.

We should all feel guilty. Every last one of us. Not only have we let it happen but we have brought only a few people to 'justice' and the rest have been left to get away with it. Hell its probably still going on now.

We all share in the blame and the shame!

I was abused when very young. People close to me knew what the man was but said nothing, even letting this man take me on outings.

I have found it very hard to forgive, even now that everyone involved is dead there is still a core of bitterness.

The upshot of my past experience means that I would never 'look the other way' and my contempt for all those who did is endless. It's not just the police but social services, medical staff, teachers and so on.

It is not enough to report your suspicions, especially when a child has come to you for help, but to shout and keep on shouting till someone who can do something about it, takes notice.

It breaks my heart to think of all those children and what they went through. Not just the 'big' cases, but every single child who has been so badly let down. We should all be alert for signs that all is not well with a child (remember it is very hard for a child to 'tell' and some never do)

I could write an essay on this subject but I'd better stop now.

I am very saddened to learn of your experience. I agree that EVERYONE has a collective duty to protect children and other vulnerable members of society.

Your post prompts the question though, if you report it the police, if you report it social services and it falls on deaf ears, where should you turn next?

I don't think that this has anything to do with politics, but abuse of power related to political correctness. Just as others abused their power related to celebrity, wealth or position.

Should anybody feel guilty about this?

Well clearly those employed to protect the vulnerable that decided to ignore the problem because, well, it was just a bit difficult, and they might be seen as racist, should feel guilty.

But this problem clearly runs deep. I remember many times people expressing concern about the behaviour of men and young girls in a variety of situations, and it was inevitable that the person expressing the concerns would be shouted down as a racist for even thinking what was happening.

It's a purely British phenomenon brought on by the distinct characteristics of British culture. Only after moving overseas did I realise just how different we are to other cultures.

The first and foremost important thing to a British person is to not offend someone. It's a cultural trait which sees the country get trodden on by those who do not share this ridiculous obsession with politeness and desperation to avoid confrontation. It's this obsession which allows such things to happen. Any other country would have no problem inadvertently offending a few people to tell the truth. For the British this is a huge problem.

The fact that these perpetrators were all from a specific cultural background created a big problem for the British. How do we tackle this without offending anyone? How do we attack the problem without being seen as racist? Even after the cases were uncovered you wouldn't find the BBC any more than quietly skirting over the fact that they were of Pakistani origin.

The problem is, talk to most people no their own or in a comfortable environment where they know they won't get lynched and they don't think like this. They understand the problems of integrating cultures, resent mass-immigration on an unprecedented scale and see why such issues aren't being tackled. However, because it's not 'cool' to think like this, when in larger numbers everyone just tows the party line. People are far too afraid of being seen as racist and uncultured by questioning anything.

Take the Australian boat scandal for example. The general 'cool' consensus in the British media and all over Facebook is that it's terrible that Australia should pay illegal boatloads of economic migrant from entering their country. How offensive to other cultures of people! No one seems to care that they were sent there from Indonesia, a terribly corrupt country who could have offered them asylum themselves (had they been asylum seekers and not economic migrants) and yet happily arranged for them to be someone else's problem.

Such problems as the Rotherham one will continue to happen until the British decide to grow a collective spine and stop being the doormat of Europe.