Rotherham scandal..Do you feel guilty?

Being youngish myself at the time I remember thinking to myself that this young lass was just a young slapper. . .

I appreciate it was a long time ago and you were younger, but this is exactly the same attitude the police force had; the girls were slappers, hence were willing participants in the abuse with their much older "boyfriends" so it wasn't worth the Police resources in arresting and punishing the criminals.

I too will never vote for Labour as a direct result of this abuse, the party has long been an advocate of so called multi-culturalism, in Rotherham (and other places) it failed in a horrific way and to admit that Labour would have had to admit that virtually everything they stood for with regards to immigration was wrong.

A national disgrace.

I too will never vote for Labour as a direct result of this abuse, the party has long been an advocate of so called multi-culturalism, in Rotherham (and other places) it failed in a horrific way and to admit that Labour would have had to admit that virtually everything they stood for with regards to immigration was wrong.

A national disgrace.

you're saying this wouldn't have happened under a tory government?

you're saying this wouldn't have happened under a tory government?

I'm not saying anything about the Tory government (who I would never cast a vote for if they were the last party on earth) but it DID happen under a Labour council who I am astounded held onto to power.

Grooming has nothing to do with what political party is in council.

Yes it does.

The general feeling of political correctness and how unwilling the authorities were to react comes straight down from the party in charge.

Everyone became 'goal focussed' and anything that came along outside of their usual duties was 'not my job, not my problem'.

They tie themselves up in red tape and other useless admin to avoid doing actual work, and so problems like the grooming scandal get ignored.

That kind of lazy thinking comes from the party in charge, and when things get like that you need to kick the useless sods out and get in some fresh blood.

Rotherham has stagnated, and the voting public are too stupid, too stubborn to change anything.

Rotherham voters get what they deserve, and they get a broken council.

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 11:06 ----------

Go back to whoever you have reported it to, again and again and again. Make a thorough bloody nuisance of yourself. Go to the press, other media, councillors, mp, write to the PM of the day.

If it is your own child, remove it from school, making it clear why. Let them take you to court if they dare.

You always hear the same old story from them:

"We realised there was a problem so we 'reported it'

Not one person had mentioned that they actually chased the report up to make sure it was being dealt with, they passed the buck and walked off.

We should all feel guilty. Every last one of us. Not only have we let it happen but we have brought only a few people to 'justice' and the rest have been left to get away with it. Hell its probably still going on now.

We all share in the blame and the shame!

Really? Well I see no reason at all for me to feel guilty.

S