Like my new flat?

I'm moving to London. I can't stand having to commute 3 hrs on the train once a week to meetings that I could do over the Internet anyway. So, I decided to by a crash pad! A steal at only £810 a month :thumbsup:

I love this country. The closer to London you get, the better it is!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/this-grimlooking-bedsit-in-notting-hill-with-a-shared-shower-and-toilet-is-on-the-market-for-810-per-month--and-its-only-for-singles-10321392.html

Nobody producing the completely pointless article actually noticed the location of "NOTTING HILL"

God sake, im sick of their articles constantly banging on about London being overpriced and impossible to find somewhere to live.

If x person doesn't want to pay £810 for a bedsit, find a cheaper location. Its not rocket science. 8 million people survive living in the London boundaries. They are not all on six figure salaries.

Nobody producing the completely pointless article actually noticed the location of "NOTTING HILL"

God sake, im sick of their articles constantly banging on about London being overpriced and impossible to find somewhere to live.

If x person doesn't want to pay £810 for a bedsit, find a cheaper location. Its not rocket science. 8 million people survive living in the London boundaries. They are not all on six figure salaries.

Are your eyes broken? It does mention that it's in Notting Hill!!

That's besides the point. It could be under the Queen's bleeding stairs for all I care. Look at it!! It's a prime example of how stupidly over priced London is becoming. I'm sick of people who are happy to sit back and let this continue! It's appalling.

There is too much demand for housing in London. It is a popular place.

High demand with the same space and therefore restricted supply means increased prices.

Simple economics.

There fore rent control needs to be applied to stop ordinary people being priced out of the city. That flat is disgusting for that price.

Earlier this week you wanted this country to take in unlimited numbers of refugees and I asked how many would you be taking in.

It was not a trick question as you perceived it to be but relative to the subject of this thread.

If the population increases there will obviously be more demand for housing and so make existing houses valuable assets which landlords will want to make maximum profits from.

Just a case of practicalities over emotion.

There fore rent control needs to be applied to stop ordinary people being priced out of the city. That flat is disgusting for that price.

If 1000 people want it and can all afford it, how will they decide who gets it, surely they way to do it is give it to the person that can pay the most.

Erm Don't rent it then?

Rent somewhere better and or cheaper.

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 09:25 ----------

We aren't going to have rent controls for at least ten years now - we have a (mostly) sensible Tory government which will not wreck the London housing market. So we don't need to worry about it.

The room is seriously rank, imagine home much a nice one would cost!

One thing worth considering is that the OP assumes that the landlord is raking in the cash, but has he considered that the price that the landlord is charging might be in line with his costs?