Mot, will i fail on this item?

my astra failed on two headlamp bulbs at halfords and when i turned up i got the fail sheet. said it wasnt allowed on the road till fixed. big burly man so i said how much, he quoted me £50 because its a hard job because the bumpers and radiator had to be dismantled. i later found out he had my pants down.

Halfords arent called Halfrauds for nothing but then i guess you know that now. I have a friend who got them to replace two HID bulbs purchased from them. Total price £145 for the bulbs, they buggered the installation not fitting them right in so the light was all wrong. He didnt realise until that night when he needed headlights and all he got was a very pale light with poor spread. Took it to his mechanic who saw the bulbs werent fitted correctly and making a long story short he ended up reporting them to trading standards. Not sure what if anything came of it though.

Then what you do is take it to a place who arent after ripping you off and would tell you its broken but would replace it and not fail you then just charge you for the bulb.

Like mine do

How would you know, prior to the test?....Unless of course you're pally with the garage....A blown bulb is a fail...end of...

Then what you do is take it to a place who arent after ripping you off and would tell you its broken but would replace it and not fail you then just charge you for the bulb.

Like mine do

Why not just check all your lights once a week and the night before the MOT day? Do other people ever check anything on their cars these days or is it only me? Seems barmy to fail the MoT on tyres/wipers/lights, y'know the stuff that's easily checked..

Why not just check all your lights once a week and the night before the MOT day? Do other people ever check anything on their cars these days or is it only me? Seems barmy to fail the MoT on tyres/wipers/lights, y'know the stuff that's easily checked..

What ever mate. Are you drunk or something? The reason i ask is because your comment is sooooo petty i thought you must be an irritating troll or just drunk. So which is it?

---------- Post added 19-06-2015 at 21:21 ----------

How would you know, prior to the test?....Unless of course you're pally with the garage....A blown bulb is a fail...end of...

Not pally at all. I pay my mechanic around £20 and he drives it to the MOT place and waits for it to be done. However, as hes not out to rip me off he gives my car a quick once over and if alls ok off he goes, if say a bulb blows he replaces it. No charge (its only ever happened twice) no fuss and no pants around ankles.

A non working rear wiper can be a fail,if it's fitted it has to be working.Just remove the wiper arm and blade,a rear wiper is not required by law.

No it isn't! Not even part of the test! !

---------- Post added 19-06-2015 at 21:26 ----------

I'd check all your bulbs are working if I were you....any bulb that isn't working (on the outside) is a fail...It's a shame to have a failure for the sake of a bulb.

High level brake light doesn't fail..

What ever mate. Are you drunk or something? The reason i ask is because your comment is sooooo petty i thought you must be an irritating troll or just drunk. So which is it?

Do you ever check your car at all? Or is it too petty for you..? Too much trouble or too complicated?

---------- Post added 20-06-2015 at 17:34 ----------

No it isn't! Not even part of the test! !

---------- Post added 19-06-2015 at 21:26 ----------

High level brake light doesn't fail..

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m4s01000201.htm

Have a read..it's not 100% clear but you could interpret it as a faulty HL brake lamp is a fail..

my astra failed on two headlamp bulbs at halfords and when i turned up i got the fail sheet. said it wasnt allowed on the road till fixed. big burly man so i said how much, he quoted me £50 because its a hard job because the bumpers and radiator had to be dismantled. i later found out he had my pants down.

Had your pants down, AND charged you £50 as well, bugger me.

Angel1.

Do you ever check your car at all? Or is it too petty for you..? ..

Course i do but then i drive a high performance, high quality, high spec car which wont fall apart in between journeys. Im sorry you drive a shed which can fall apart with the gust of a sparrows fart.