Women and kids left the uk to go to Syria??

I heard one husband bawling his eyes out on the radio. It must be at Allah's that they have gone. I presume they were 'stay at home' mums but not receiving any State benefits, being able to afford a trip to Mecca and all. I can't even afford a day-trip to Skeggy.

Or the husbands could be genuinely heartbroken, (just saying...)

We should remember that there is a big difference between arranged marriages which often work out just fine, and forced marriages which don't.

But what on earth these women were thinking I can't imagine.

Did you see the crocodiles on the telly tonight?

Made my skin crawl.

Why are they crocodile tears? Why are the fathers not over there if they were in on it? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 23:08 ----------

I heard one husband bawling his eyes out on the radio. It must be at Allah's that they have gone. I presume they were 'stay at home' mums but not receiving any State benefits, being able to afford a trip to Mecca and all. I can't even afford a day-trip to Skeggy.

Get a better job of you can't afford to go Skegness or if you are an oap you should have saved up more instead of complaining about it on SF.

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 23:09 ----------

Or the husbands could be genuinely heartbroken, (just saying...)

We should remember that there is a big difference between arranged marriages which often work out just fine, and forced marriages which don't.

But what on earth these women were thinking I can't imagine.

These stupid women should have gone on their own without the kids, stupid stupid women....:mad:

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 23:10 ----------

With the way that Muslim women and children are so closely guarded by the males I find in impossible to believe that the husbands and family weren't aware of their intentions or beliefs.

Maybe you were wrong about Muslim women and children being closely guarded? :rolleyes:

Why are they crocodile tears? Why are the fathers not over there if they were in on it? :rolleyes:

just watched the news again with the tearful press conference, yes almost convincing tears but seeing as the girls brother was already over there fighting with isis its hardly a suprise to these men??? in fact the community probably knew as well, behind closed doors and all that:suspect:

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Fixed quote tags

I fear for these children, and what their lives will be like. If they do return then Social services surely must be involved with these families to ensure the children's lives aren't again put at risk.

Considering the news has been showing families with children desperate to get out of Syria, those mothers can't have been blind to the dangers involved in taking young children there.

Same here about Skegvegas, find it very hard to afford a five day holiday in England.

They didn't look heartbroken to me, they knew what was happening. If anybody wants to go to Syria let them go BUT don't let them back in this country.

Maybe the plan was that the whole families were going to go to Syria, but if the men had gone first then the women and children would have been closely watched - we'll have to see if the husbands go after them

Same here about Skegvegas, find it very hard to afford a five day holiday in England.

They didn't look heartbroken to me, they knew what was happening. If anybody wants to go to Syria let them go BUT don't let them back in this country.

Agree 100% but their human rights are breached if not allowed back into the county.

We need a mechanism in the UK to remove the citizenship from people who leave to fight for enemies of the country. That way these people cannot reenter as if nothing happened.

We also need to pressure Turkey into actually doing something about their porous boarder with Syria.

The EU also needs to take note of how Turkey has acted and how Turkey has been used as a junction in and out of Syria by terrorists, and remember this next time Turkey makes a bid to become a member of the EU.

We also need to pressure Turkey into actually doing something about their porous boarder with Syria.

We should be more concerned about our porous boarder. Let the extremists go live the dream.

I had a 'Breaking News' flash up on the BBC website yesterday. It said "husband and father of missing woman and child says he loves and misses them". Wow, please do keep us posted of any further important developments BBC... we're all here sitting on the edge of our seats. :rolleyes: