Women and kids left the uk to go to Syria??

"If we are to resolve this situation the government needs to act strongly. If it is possible to change the law it should be changed.

I therefore propose the "MikeFrank Act" be brought into legislation... this is "Anyone over the age of 16 who willingly goes to a foreign land to fight or join a force considered to be an enemy of this nation should have citizenship removed, they lose the right to a British Passport

They will not be allowed on any flight back to the UK and must therefore return to the nation they are coming back from or live for the rest of their lives in a Airport Departure lounge."

Good end to a post by MikeFrank.

I would also ask, why do we, well some of us, worry about foreigners and even some of our own going overseas to "war" areas. Let as many who want to go,go. But no coming back - ever.

I think Scrooge had it about right, "let them die and decrease the surplus population". A different scenario I know, but it fits the situation we are now in.

Angel1.

Odd how our police and civic authorities seem so exercised over these adult females and their children who are travelling voluntarily to a destination of their choice.

Yet they do nothing to stop the kidnapping and abduction of underage British Asian girls to Pakistan, Bangladesh etc to be married off to (and raped by) mature men who may already have two or threee wives.

Which is actually what happened to these three British born women.

Just a thought........some of the nine children were of school age, how did they manage to take them out of school to go to Saudi in the first place??

It would hardly be difficult to attend school on one day, and then leave the country and go to Saudi Arabia on the next. How would the school stop this?

finally we have a PM Cameron that has the guts to stand up at a security conference today and say that some of these uk Muslim communities are complicite and are aware that that there are a number of things going on within their ranks radicalising the youth.

Just a thought........some of the nine children were of school age, how did they manage to take them out of school to go to Saudi in the first place??
If you're alluding to term time fines, there are no fines for travelling to faith events in term time, or so I understand from various LEAs' rules published online.

But, as correctly posted by Eater Sundae, it's not as if schools have the power to stop kids from travelling abroad with their parents.

And in this case, it's highly doubtful that the mothers approached the schools to seek a term time dispensation before going.

They passed into Syria in 2 groups last Wednesday and Thursday, according to an IS passer in yesterday's news. Last we'll hear of them I suspect, unless -and unfortunately- in similar circumstances as Tahla Asmal.

Edited by L00b

Whether the IS would ever allow the women and children to return I very much doubt, so no choices all round in that case

Apparently they despised the UK so its unlikely they will want to return, but once they have a taste of an Islamic state they might regret their decision to leave such a nice tolerant country.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33201176

The friend of Zohra Dawood, who wanted to remain anonymous because she said she feared for her life, said the mother told her: "I don't want my children living in this society."

The friend added: "She says she wants to live in Saudi Arabia because she didn't like the UK."

Asked if she challenged Zohra over her views, the friend said: "No because by then Zohra completely ignored us. She didn't talk to anyone. I don't know what she was thinking."

I think the part of those paragraphs that gets me is that someone in Britain is afraid for her life by speaking to the press. Which means there are people in the community or she is aware of people who could realistically kill her for going public. The other part that worries me is the 'its not my problem' attitude; didn't bother to challenge her friend when she suspected what was going to happen, and presumably didn't bother to raise it with anyone else either.