Privacy rights how far can they go

The guy had been told once about claiming for alcahol (pint) this is why have s been pulled to one side again

Surely the company have the proof to discipline him on the receipt! Plus a repeat doesn't sound good? A lot of employers don't like staff drinking these days. Sounds harsh to be swinging the lead over it?!

Wouldn't the CCTV show him declining the beverage??? Might be worth him requesting this to clear him if the case and the company is looking to discipline!

maybe it was your beloved eu that brought it in that you cant have a pint at work tim :hihi::hihi::hihi:(joke)

Haha :) Well, I can safely say that the EU was happy to pay for a bottle of wine at dinner with key-stakeholders and it was the Uni that was the tricky bit to negotiate ;)

like I said in a earlier post where did I mention his employer :suspect:

the OP said "the company is now saying they are going to pub/restaurant to look at their cctv"

this says to me that it's the persons employer who will be approaching the pub for the CCTV...

if this is the case, then they won't / cannot hand it over...