Privacy rights how far can they go

the OP said "the company is now saying they are going to pub/restaurant to look at their cctv"

this says to me that it's the persons employer who will be approaching the pub for the CCTV...

if this is the case, then they won't / cannot hand it over...

so maybe you should tell the op that his mates employer can not do it :roll: but next time you (and the other poster) quote me as saying it do get it right ok :hihi:

Can't the friend just pay for the pint and say sorry?

It was an oversight and most reasonable people will realise this.

I think privacy laws need to be strengthened as they've been undermined with the supposed increasing 'threat' of terrorism.

so maybe you should tell the op that his mates employer can not do it :roll: but next time you (and the other poster) quote me as saying it do get it right ok :hihi:

Hmmm, I'll supply the quotes then. Smilersarah said that the pub wouldn't let the person's company see the cctv, as below.

no company is going to check that for one pint in fact the pub co wouldn't let them so whats the real story?????

To which you replied that the pub will be obligated to supply the cctv under the data protection act, as below.

the pub have an obligation to provide cctv if asked I think its something to do with data protection :roll:

Hmmm, I'll supply the quotes then. Smilersarah said that the pub wouldn't let the person's company see the cctv, as below.

To which you replied that the pub will be obligated to supply the cctv under the data protection act, as below.

cant you lot not read where did I say the employer can ask for it I quoted what I know to be correct :roll::roll:

cant you lot not read where did I say the employer can ask for it I quoted what I know to be correct :roll::roll:

In replying to a post where someone said that the employer wouldn't be able to access the CCTV, you said: "the pub have an obligation to provide cctv if asked".

which if you look it up you will find im right :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Only if asked by the person in the CCTV, not the employer.

I'm sure that the angle that your going to follow is that you never meant to imply that the employers could successfully request to see the CCTV, that you were only stating that people can request to see their own images on the CCTV.

So why did you feel the need to correct Smilersarah when they said that the pub wouldn't let the person's company see the cctv? You even threw in a roll eye smilie for good measure.

Only if asked by the person in the CCTV, not the employer.

I'm sure that the angle that your going to follow is that you never meant to imply that the employers could successfully request to see the CCTV, that you were only stating that people can request to see their own images on the CCTV.

So why did you feel the need to correct Smilersarah when they said that the pub wouldn't let the person's company see the cctv? You even threw in a roll eye smilie for good measure.

im not going to imply anything I stated a fact and other people jumped on the wrong bandwagon, but feel free to carry on :hihi::hihi::hihi:.

im not going to imply anything I stated a fact and other people jumped on the wrong bandwagon, but feel free to carry on :hihi::hihi::hihi:.

you can carry on going round in circles I stated a fact that's all :hihi::hihi: