Chris Evans for Top Gear?

smithy266

BBC say not:

BBC boss denies Jeremy Clarkson was offered return to Top Gear

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-06-21/bbc-boss-denies-clarkson-was-offered-top-gear-return/

"....denied any knowledge..." interesting choice of words from the BBC. In other words. We don't know either way. We don't think it happened. We are not aware of it happening. We don't recall it happening.. blah blah blah.

After all, some BBC bigwig could deny any knowledge of what Saville was up to - doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The final Top Gear tonight is very good but a bit hallow considering

Such a shame the magic of three men will not be seen again for now

I thought it was flat, no production values and clearly just a way to throw out the last material. May and Hammond looked like they really, really objected to doing this but were probably bound by contract. I'd rather they released this online only and had been honest about it: this is the last material with the three.

Yeah the whole episode did seem contrived and didn't allow Jeremy any leeway

It's like Jezza was a guest driver and they never even allowed him to say goodbye

All his efforts in making the show a global hit have gone completely ignored

Glad I have cancelled my license and the BBC are finished as far as I am concerned

Yeah the whole episode did seem contrived and didn't allow Jeremy any leeway

It's like Jezza was a guest driver and they never even allowed him to say goodbye

All his efforts in making the show a global hit have gone completely ignored

Glad I have cancelled my license and the BBC are finished as far as I am concerned

The majority of the scenes were filmed before Clarkson was suspended, the only scenes that that were filmed afterwards was the links from May and Hammond.

"....denied any knowledge..." interesting choice of words from the BBC. In other words. We don't know either way. We don't think it happened. We are not aware of it happening. We don't recall it happening.. blah blah blah.

After all, some BBC bigwig could deny any knowledge of what Saville was up to - doesn't mean it didn't happen.

But Clarkson is a habitual liar, why should we believe him?