Chris Evans for Top Gear?

smithy266

Looks like Clarkson was offered his job back before Chris Evans was announced. Not surprising really that the BBC deep down would ideally have Clarkson, May and Hammond back once the dust has settled.

They have Chris Evans but who can work with him? Will there be chemistry with new hosts?

Looks like Clarkson was offered his job back before Chris Evans was announced. Not surprising really that the BBC deep down would ideally have Clarkson, May and Hammond back once the dust has settled.

They have Chris Evans but who can work with him? Will there be chemistry with new hosts?

CE is already making waves with a spat with Jezza. Although i do think it could have been organised to get some exposure for the new show but if not hes turning out to be the irritating Ginner hes always been. I doubt ill be tuning in.

---------- Post added 20-06-2015 at 13:06 ----------

Its Wolverine :D

CE is already making waves with a spat with Jezza. Although i do think it could have been organised to get some exposure for the new show but if not hes turning out to be the irritating Ginner hes always been. I doubt ill be tuning in.

He hasn't shut up about it on his radio show since he was announced.

People love to watch JC and co dick around, the model is set in concrete. TG is Clarkson..like him or not. The pity is he could still carry on, make the show interesting and still provide his own brand of wit and humour..he just needed to cut out the "Love thy neighbor" type crap.

Let him get on with it. Itll make it all the more funny when it bombs and the BBC beg the other 3 to come back.

If they had moved Top Gear to after the watershed they could have got away with more without all the reactionary nonsense.

Anyway I agree if the new co-presenters are not good then the show will nose dive.

Maybe I am wrong. But both me and the wife love top gear. We are not petrol heads. Really don’t care about cars but loved the show. I think it will become more petrol head and deviate from the winning formula Clarkson, Hammond and May achieved in bringing petrol heads and none petrol heads together.

So far as I'm concerned, and I hate to admit it, Top Gear was getting a bit boring however much I told myself it wasn't. From what used to be a 'Yaay! ... Top Gear's on tonight!' to 'Top Gear's on tonight ... I'll maybe watch it if nothing else is on'.

Gone were the rocket propelled Minis down a ski slope, the Reliant Robin Space shuttle, the caravan suspended from a hot air balloon, all that sort of stuff. Replaced by (frankly) fairly mundane (even the much talked about Falklands one) TV viewing.

I guess they ran out of ideas (it happened with The Simpsons too).

One thing's for certain though ... just as you can still buy a new Rolls-Royce, it's in name only that it exists, and that will be the same so far as Top Gear's concerned. Chris Evans will be the BMW of Top Gear.

I'm sure Chris Evans could make a perfectly good presenter for a car programme, but it'll never be the same as the original Top Gear in it's heyday.

Quentin Willson ... no

Jodie Kidd ... no

Guy Martin ... no.

James Martin ... no.

Rowan Atkinson ... no.