What if ISIS start offering unemployed jobs in the UK? (Or if it does)

We live in a world of 6-7 billion people. 200+ countries. Many different ethnic groups, cultures and societies. Sub regions, niche culture and societies within societies.

In the nation we reside, there are some 60-70 million people. Just under 1% of the global population.

Within our population, a percentage are unemployed. Some 10% of the 1%.

About 0.1% of the global population.

These people are forced to take work if it is made available to them. If they refuse they are sanctioned.

The 0.1% of the global population in the UK who are unemployed and live under threat of sanction if they do not take up offers of work come from many different countries, ethnic groups, cultures, societies, and belong to many different regions, groups, faiths, and so on.

These people are forced to take work if it is made available to them. If they refuse they are sanctioned.

What if they get offered a job from a group in another nation, working in the UK, for example, ISIS?

That is, a bit of a dilemma.

Do they take it?

Or

Do they refuse? and face destitution via sanction.

What if ISIS start offering unemployed jobs in the UK? (Or if it does)?

What DO YOU think?

This thread aims to highlight the sheer scale of unemployment in the UK in terms of global population.

It is intended to get people to think about groups of the global population in terms of not only nation state and sub groups, but more (ideally we ought think of all 7 billion of us being human).

It is a thread that throws up a hell of a lot of considerations, so please be considerate, and avoid resorting to ad hominem attacks, abuse, etc., so that the considerations raised may be considered. Please discuss the hypothetical but potentially real situation.

How would said person know it was iSIS?

Im sure they would hide any business' etc behind several other...

And its you should accept any REASONABLE job offer, not just any... And I dont think it would be deemed reasonable some how.. ;)

What if they get offered a job from a group in another nation, working in the UK, for example, ISIS?

ISIS is classified as a terrorist organisation. It is not recognised as a legitimate employer. Anyone who took a job with ISIS would be arrested for terrorism.

Do you really have to be told that?

I see in today's Star that ISIS are advertising a number of IED and suicide vest making apprenticeships. I also read that they are providing venture capital to a number of start-ups, including a female genital restructuring clinic and a private security beard enforcement service.

Just think, if we had screened out immigrants who didn't want to integrate then we'd now be missing out on these new jobs, denying youth the chance of a trade and depriving the economy of new business. They can't be all bad.

ISIS is classified as a terrorist organisation. It is not recognised as a legitimate employer. Anyone who took a job with ISIS would be arrested for terrorism.

Do you really have to be told that?

People have been sanctioned for attending job interviews with legitimate employers and all kinds of normal things.

Isis, might be an extreme example. But where is the line drawn between a job offer and a job offer.

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 12:10 ----------

How would said person know it was iSIS?

Im sure they would hide any business' etc behind several other...

Interesting point.

They might be employed indirectly by a terrorist organisation or a person whom supports terrorism.

And its you should accept any REASONABLE job offer, not just any... And I dont think it would be deemed reasonable some how.. ;)

Considering the likelihood of sanction in a given year now exceeds 1 for many of the unemployed, I'm not so sure. When people have been sanctioned for things as simple as going to a job interview, it would not surprise me to see a person sanctioned for refusing to take a job from a terrorist organisation.

It would not surprise me to see a person offered a job, of attacking a job centre and it's staff, result in a person being sanctioned for refusing to take the job. Such is the lunacy of our system.

It'd be nice if IDS or some other government official could state whether or not people should be able to turn down such work, to make it absolutely certain to job seekers that they can turn down SOME work.

Well done Chem1st, you have taken some general statistics, a subject most people undertake for the good of society (work), and a terrorist organisation

whose stated aim is abuse everyone ( in the most brutal manner ) who does not follow their rules, and combined them to create a version of

the Prisoners Dilemma.

You don't even provide a supporting argument of what you would do!

A few weeks ago on the BBC World Service there was a discussion by the show's presenter and an expert on terrorist organisations, and how these

organisations 'recruit' their child soldiers. I didn't listen to it all, I couldn't, the graphic description given by the expert had me (and probably many others)

in tears.

Your 'mission' statements and the end post do nothing to support the topic. If you are going to start a topic at least make it tangible with reasonable arguments.

Considering the likelihood of sanction in a given year now exceeds 1 for many of the unemployed, I'm not so sure. When people have been sanctioned for things as simple as going to a job interview, it would not surprise me to see a person sanctioned for refusing to take a job from a terrorist organisation.

Nah, those that are sanctioned for attending a job interview, are usually the ones who don't inform the job centre they have a job interview, and miss some appointment at the same time, then they get sanctioned for missing an appointment, when explained "I was attending a job interview" - still, they should have let the JCP know, as they could have booked someone else in that time slot if needed.... etc....

I'm sure there are some who have been harshly sanctioned for silly things, but with the number of unemployed people, we only hear of a few extreme sanction cases....

Swings and roundabouts...

Your 'mission' statements and the end post do nothing to support the topic. If you are going to start a topic at least make it tangible with reasonable arguments.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

I tried to keep it open, to see where it would go.