Carlos Carvalhal appointed by Owls

Southey owl

I don't think CC has caused the hold up,I think its been down to his assistants and coopers contract with Swindon that has caused it to drag on,saying that its still been only three weeks.

It seems the deal has now been done.

Well we got the announcenent even though it was never in doubt ,maybe I'm in the minority ,but I can't wait for a season of attacking exciting football ,yes its a gamble but what managerial appoitment isn't ,this is a new approach for us ,let's face it the old approach hasnt brought us much success for years .

Where did the Cooper story come from? Swindon say they were never approached and he's already started his pre-season work with the team.

CC has no excuses now he's brought in his own staff. I can see a very short honeymoon period with a toughish first month unfortunately.

DC says he trusts the supporters but not enough to consult them it seems.

Oh well, I was wrong about the Dave Jones appointment but that was an appointment by a football man.

I wonder who advised DC on his advisors. :)

This appointment is going to go as following I think. Without a doubt the Owls fans will get behind the bloke at the start as genuine football fans do, the bloke is a bit of an unknown quantity and nobody knows how he will do.

If he signs a few flamboyant players and gets a few wins under his belt then the Owls fans will continue to back him but as an unknown quantity and with his past record, should you lose a few games then it won't take long for the Owls fans to become vocal and expect this guy to be shown the door.

The deed is done, the fans have no option but to welcome then man and get behind him to start with. Writing him off before a ball is kicked wouldn't help anyone.

I can only assume that the appointment of the comedy clown is a stroke of genius.

Only Gazza (who I have the utmost respect for, genuinely) seems to be putting a brave face on it. Top says he will back the manager (as most will), but agrees it is bizzare, Mel is the most vocal in his disbelief that SWFC got rid of a proven manager to be replaced by a bloke who's CV would not be taken seriously in League two.

We have a new chairman/owner,he's made his decision,lets wait and see,if he does well ok if not he'll be got rid off,would have loved Pearson but we couldn't wait till he'd got sacked,with any new manager lets see where we are at Xmas,he can't be any worse than Weir.Surely!!!!!!!!

the only person i'd want to replace gray is someone who can bring attacking football back, even if it's at the expence of letting a few extra goals in. i hope this guy can do that but his cv doesn't fill me with confidence.

but it is done now, the managerial uncertainty is over now we need to back the guy but it won't take long for fans to get on his back if results aren't going our way. maybe we are the club this guy has been waiting for.

Edited by NERVY-OWL

I'm just going along for the ride at this stage. I can't see anything good coming out of this but I'll put 't blinkers on and sing WAWAW songs anyway.

thats all we can do tim, this will either be a masterstroke or a disaster but it's the chairman who wanting to fund a premiership push so if this is the way he wants to go then so be it

Why has he appointed him when Pearson came onto the market last night? I bet he would jump at the chance to manage wednesday im sure.

I think its a big mistake but time will tell.