Carlos Carvalhal appointed by Owls

Southey owl

As people keep saying 'it's only June' of course next week it will 'only be July' :hihi:

Not only that, the off-season is crucial for signing appropriate players. The lack of movement on that front is really what concerns me most. I never quite understand why English teams can't operate like Dutch teams: Sign up players for the coming season before the finish of the season (FC Groningen has most of its selection process done in March/April).

Not shouting it from the rooftops and telling every other club our intentions ,does not mean there's any lack of movement Tim ,I don't think we made our first signing until the 7th of July last season and we had nowt to spend.

Not only that, the off-season is crucial for signing appropriate players. The lack of movement on that front is really what concerns me most. I never quite understand why English teams can't operate like Dutch teams: Sign up players for the coming season before the finish of the season (FC Groningen has most of its selection process done in March/April).

Tim we are not in Holland we are in England, the best, biggest stage on World football and we don't need smaller football nations to tell us how to run the game that we in Sheffield invented.

Tim we are not in Holland we are in England, the best, biggest stage on World football and we don't need smaller football nations to tell us how to run the game that we in Sheffield invented.

and we're rubbish at it :huh::loopy::confused::help:

Sorry cuttsie, is that the reason that the Dutch managed a World Cup final and semi-final in a row?

Not wanting to be upsetting ya fella, but the way things are going at the club are bad. I will gladly eat my words at the end of the coming season if we manage to do well, but so far all the signs have been negative except for a scoreboard and Desso pitch.

Sorry cuttsie, is that the reason that the Dutch managed a World Cup final and semi-final in a row?

Not wanting to be upsetting ya fella, but the way things are going at the club are bad. I will gladly eat my words at the end of the coming season if we manage to do well, but so far all the signs have been negative except for a scoreboard and Desso pitch.

I have been watching the Owls since 1953 and apart from two or three purple patches the rest has been also rans.

I have got used to it now ,don't build my hopes up or predict how things will turn out .

I go to Owlerton because I enjoy match day,If I expected success I would have chosen to support United;)