Carlos Carvalhal appointed by Owls

Southey owl

Sorry bobcob it should have read "an influx of Portuguese coaches might be a problem

communicating with our existing players", if unable to speak English.:)

When Barnsley were in the premier league there was 17 different nationalities on their books at one time.

When Barnsley were in the premier league there was 17 different nationalities on their books at one time.

Yes it was Danny Wilson coaching that lot, just a shame they couldn't survive more than

one season.It must have been some sort of record to have had as many different nationalities playing in one season.

And our Huddersfield blue shirt,seriously some people will believe owt.:hihi:
That's what Huddersfield's shirts used to look like, last season they were sky blue and white stripes like Argentina.

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 00:36 ----------

We have been down route of ex-player has managers but we are.reaching a new era in sheffield wednesaday's football club so lets embrace a non English manager.

We might even get a different & better calibre of footballers but who know's, can't wait for the season to start WAWAW.

Yes enough of this ex-Owl for manager stuff. That should have stopped with the Derek Dooley fiasco until they resurrected it with Trevor Francis, look how that turned out, yet they still persisted with it after him all to no avail.

Edited by stpetre
add

Palmer should keep his gob shut ,so he's worked with SG and rates him as a coach ,but even though CC is a far more qualified coach than SG ,palmer hasn't worked with him so how can he criticise him.

I thought this too, but the Star has him defined as a 'media pundit', therefore I imagine he was asked the question in that capacity and answered it as he has.

It's hard to say how this new coach will work, but as ever he needs support from the fans and players alike.

Comments like Carlton's are not helpful, but I suppose if he is putting his job before his affection for the club, they are understandable

As i posted before , we have been dealt the cards and this is what we have to play with, that said i am 100% behind Carlton an his views.

I respect your opinion Alan,but seriously without wanting to criticise SG what has he ever achieved as a coach for palmer to make out he would get us promoted ,if CC doesn't improve on five home wins next season I will be amazed.

I respect your opinion Alan,but seriously without wanting to criticise SG what has he ever achieved as a coach for palmer to make out he would get us promoted ,if CC doesn't improve on five home wins next season I will be amazed.

I also respect yours, what i and others feel is how would SG have performed with all that is being put on the table now, we,ll never know it,s all if,s and but,s now lets move on and get behind the Owls.