Carlos Carvalhal appointed by Owls

Southey owl

I respect your opinion Alan,but seriously without wanting to criticise SG what has he ever achieved as a coach for palmer to make out he would get us promoted ,if CC doesn't improve on five home wins next season I will be amazed.

SG got us to 13th in the championship, our highest league position in quite a while and with NO BUDGET, we couldve sniffed the play offs if we'd had a decent strike force as thats what was lacking. but we'll not find out how far he'd take us with a decent budget :(

Palmer has said EVERYTHING ive thought about the goings on, CC on paper has no achievements apart from being shown the door quite a bit in 14 years.

Theres more to CCs appointment than purely taking him on as a good manager in my eyes Oo

But

as ive said before, we'll soon see how we fare with him at the helm when the matches start again

palmer has said what alot of fans were thinking, i can't disagree with much he's said however now is the time to get behind the new manager. gray might or might not of got a good striker in and turned us into a decent attacking team(have my doubts on that one though) but it's done now so lets just see how it goes, no one will be complaining if we are winning:)

It was the worst football to be played at Hillsborough for as long as I can remember,so if he had a decent budget he wouldn't play one up front and leave 4 strikers on the bench,yes we finished 13th but we could have finished higher,he was a defensive coach who didn't have a clue how to play attacking football.

It was the worst football to be played at Hillsborough for as long as I can remember,so if he had a decent budget he wouldn't play one up front and leave 4 strikers on the bench,yes we finished 13th but we could have finished higher,he was a defensive coach who didn't have a clue how to play attacking football.

was he using what he had as best as he could?

would the limitations have meant he couldve done any better?

thats my thoughts but a couple of bad games and people will be saying we should of kept gray. it's all ifs and buts

I wish that was the case,but no he certainly wasn't,there is just no logic behind the decision of playing one up front [ and at home is even worse ]but having a bench full of strikers,the guy just wasn't attack minded,ok the defence was good [and still is ]but I don't want to pay £30 to see a tight defence,i want to see exciting attacking football,and who knows maybe a goal or two,that was never gunna happen under SG but im more than confident it will under CC and I cant wait for the season to start.

he had the chance in the nothing game against leeds to show he could play attacking football but played 1 up front. i agree with gazza that he is a defensive coach and i don't think the football would of got much better with gray. i just hope the new guy doesn't bomb but we will see

he had the chance in the nothing game against leeds to show he could play attacking football but played 1 up front. i agree with gazza that he is a defensive coach and i don't think the football would of got much better with gray. i just hope the new guy doesn't bomb but we will see

Well thankyou nervy,i was beginning to think I was the only one thinking that way.:)

Well thankyou nervy,i was beginning to think I was the only one thinking that way.:)

i wasn't happy gray didn't get until xmas but it's the chairmans money, if he doesn't trust gray with it then i don't blame him getting shut. it's a gamble whoever is in charge and while cc cv isn't very inspiring maybe we are the club he's been waiting for to improve on it

I get what you saying mate ,but for the actual job he has been brought in for ( not manager) I think he's ideal ,coaching wise the guy has not only read the manuals he has actually wrote some of them ( seriously ) and he must be the most qualified coach we have ever had ,yes his short stays is a concern ,but we don't really know the reasons behind that.BTW the Leeds game you mentioned ,I'm pretty sure that had a fair bit to do with SGs sacking,it wax the ideal opportunity to show CC what he could do,and he blew it big time.