UK unemployment

22.2% of 16-64 are not in the labour force, that sounds a lot worse than jobless at 5.5%

What are all this 22.2% doing?

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lms/labour-market-statistics/june-2015/sty-labour-market-statistics--june-2015.html

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 20:24 ----------

Incidently, I was told today that a driver from an agency is 78 years old, filling in for someone on the sick, wow, driving a school minibus.

22.2% of 16-64 are not in the labour force, that sounds a lot worse than jobless at 5.5%

What are all this 22.2% doing?

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lms/labour-market-statistics/june-2015/sty-labour-market-statistics--june-2015.html

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 20:24 ----------

Incidently, I was told today that a driver from an agency is 78 years old, filling in for someone on the sick, wow, driving a school minibus.

It will include people on the sick, students, women looking after children and probably people that have given up looking for work.

Edited by RickyM
Spelling error.

It will include people on the sick, students, women looking after children and probably people that have given up looking for work.

That doesnt sound too bad, if non working parents are included.

That doesnt sound too bad, if non working parents are included.

No, not really.

About three-quarters will fit into the categories I mentioned if the unemployment rate is 5.5% - this (the 5.5%) wont include those on a sanction though.

Edited by RickyM
Correction.

No, not really.

About three-quarters will fit into the categories I mentioned if the unemployment rate is 5.5% - this (the 5.5%) wont include those on a sanction though.

Except that it does include those who are sanctioned. They don;t appear on the claimant count - they do appear on the unemployed count.

But if you tell a lie enough times, especially to people short of critical thinking abilities then they will believe it.

It's up to ricgem to prove his assertion Anna not me to disprove it.

Anyway I thought you'd huffed off and said you were never talking to me again. I knew it wouldn't last though :)

For the record - sanctions are not on the claimant count. They are in the unemployment count. The UK uses the ILO method of working it out.

You're the one saying they are counted - so prove it.

You know I can't resist you Obelix, you have such an interesting way with facts, you irritating little man you:love: Let's enjoy it while it lasts... it won't be for long...

According to the Office of National Statistics website those on sanctions are counted in the unemployment statistics if they continue to sign on as unemployed, but not counted if they fail to continue to sign on during the period of the sanction.

Bearing in mind that sanctions can be 6 months or more, and the unemployed are often required to sign every day, I can't see that happening, can you? Where would they get the bus fare from?

Again, according to the ONS, people on Universal credit are not counted at all.

Except that it does include those who are sanctioned. They don;t appear on the claimant count - they do appear on the unemployed count.

But if you tell a lie enough times, especially to people short of critical thinking abilities then they will believe it.

ill ask you again from the link you provided where does it say sanctioned people are counted :huh:

You're the one saying they are counted - so prove it. .

It doesnt work that way Anna you know it. It's not up to me to prove a negative - it's up to ricgem to prove his assertion.

I'm still waiting for him to do so and I'll wait forevermore of course - mainly because if you look I've posted the real document that tells you how it's collected.

But that would involve reading, and opening your mind up and ricgem is afraid of doing that in case his brain falls out and he loses it.

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 23:07 ----------

ill ask you again from the link you provided where does it say sanctioned people are counted :huh:

It's in there. Start reading it's not long. I'm putting in front of you ona plate I'm not going to spoonfeed you as well like a baby... :roll:

It doesnt work that way Anna you know it. It's not up to me to prove a negative - it's up to ricgem to prove his assertion.

I'm still waiting for him to do so and I'll wait forevermore of course - mainly because if you look I've posted the real document that tells you how it's collected.

But that would involve reading, and opening your mind up and ricgem is afraid of doing that in case his brain falls out and he loses it.

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 23:07 ----------

It's in there. Start reading it's not long. I'm putting in front of you ona plate I'm not going to spoonfeed you as well like a baby... :roll:

if its there copy and paste where it says it from the link you provided, that sanctioned people arnt on the figures :roll: