Are Camelot getting greedy or desperate?

Logged onto National Lottery website tonight, spent almost 30mins trying to find how I cancelled my direct debit..... Gave up and logged onto online banking and cancelled the direct debit there.

So that's it!! After playing the lottery since it very first started I've quit.

The odds are now just too high. I'll find better things to use the £40 each month I was paying out.

Relieved that I'm free of it, but sad that Camelot went and spoiled it. 45,000,000 - 1 are simply ridiculous odds.

I'll maybe have a go at the Euro millions once in a while. But my view now is if you're lucky then you'll be lucky. Little point chasing after it.

• 4 weeks later...
If two of your numbers come up, you now receive a free lucky dip for the next draw.

Previously you got nothing for two numbers.

So now you've got a greater chance of winning a free (it's not free actually..) draw ticket, but no chance of winning the elusive jackpot. Do you really play a lottery in the hopes of winning a free ticket for another draw?..Most people play in the hopes of winning big...

Anyway, since playing the lottery since day one, I've now ditched it in favour of the health lottery.

Their new advertising to encourage people to play really grates on my nerves, in them saying "The lottery exists to help good causes"...No it doesn't, it exists to make money for their shareholders, nothing more. :rant:

Not to mention the 'technical fault' that happened live last night. One line of the balls did not drop. So the draw ended up being done later on, not live.

Oh?.Really?...There are some conspiracy theories that it's not what it seems.

Wasn't there an issue a few weeks ago, where they announced the wrong jackpot total?...I didn't pay much attention at the time as I'd already stopped doing it.

Oh?.Really?...There are some conspiracy theories that it's not what it seems.

Wasn't there an issue a few weeks ago, where they announced the wrong jackpot total?...I didn't pay much attention at the time as I'd already stopped doing it.

A wrong jackpot was announced a few weeks ago yes. I wasn't happy on Twitter that's for sure. Since the lotto twitter was more interested in posting a Q&A to the celeb that was singing on it last night, than giving an update on exactly what caused the fault.

A wrong jackpot was announced a few weeks ago yes. I wasn't happy on Twitter that's for sure. Since the lotto twitter was more interested in posting a Q&A to the celeb that was singing on it last night, than giving an update on exactly what caused the fault.

It's the random stuff from national lottery I keep getting on my FB page that winds me up...I frequently have a direct rant, which is when they glibly come back and say you've actually 'more' chance of winning...Grrrr

• 4 months later...
http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/24/people-with-five-numbers-on-the-lottery-got-paid-less-than-those-with-three-5772728/

Winners with five numbers got less than winners with three numbers this week.

Three numbers got you £25

Five numbers got you £15

This was because lots of people chose multiples of 7 as their numbers, and five of them came up. The lesson to learn from this is that if you are going to do the lottery, then avoid the popular numbers and sequences. Pick unpopular numbers, then if they do come up you will not be sharing with lots of other winners.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/24/people-with-five-numbers-on-the-lottery-got-paid-less-than-those-with-three-5772728/

Winners with five numbers got less than winners with three numbers this week.

Three numbers got you £25

Five numbers got you £15

That's poor form.

We need pensioners to make a stand and not play anymore, (and i may also not have to wait in the store queue's as long).:P