Are Camelot getting greedy or desperate?

I heard someone talking about a NHS lottery with better odds today on the News. I would prefer a punt on a footie match or something. The Lottery does some amazing stuff in funding charities but it is a private business. Why can't we have a Nationalised lottery?

They had the chance a few years ago to sell the license to Virgin.

Camelot were found to be doing dodgy practices and cheating and the independent assessor said he was minded to remove their franchise and give it to Virgin.

Camelot went on the offensive and exerted so much political pressure that the independent findings were binned. Brown envelopes and jobs for the boys.

They had the chance a few years ago to sell the license to Virgin.

Camelot were found to be doing dodgy practices and cheating and the independent assessor said he was minded to remove their franchise and give it to Virgin.

Camelot went on the offensive and exerted so much political pressure that the independent findings were binned. Brown envelopes and jobs for the boys.

It's licence!!!

Its £2 a ticket now but you get £25 for 3 numbers rather than £10

I've noticed over the years the amount you win for 4 or 5 numbers has fallen drastically, due to the number of people who have stopped playing. I think my grandad once won £2,000 or so for 4 numbers, where as I won last year and got £72

They do say the odds of winning a prize will be increased with this new system though. Not the odds of winning the jackpot, but the odds of ANY prize - I think it went from 1 in 84 to 1 in 8 from what I was reading the other day.

Hang on a bit... :huh:

if they're giving away free lucky dip tickets for the next draw, then doesn't that mean that everyone else has even less chance of winning the jackpot outright? :suspect:

(by outright, I mean as in 'by yourself', because more tickets means there's even more chance of someone having the same numbers as you) :confused:

Camelot are a business, they need to grow their profits to please their shareholders.

Making the lottery harder to win is an easy way to grow profits.

no-one is forcing anyone to play, and there are other lotteries out there with lower ticket prices and stuff too.

Think this will massively backfire I have done the lottery since it started, I know the odds, I reduced my entries to just Saturday's when the price went up, I will reduce my entries to zero when the ten numbers are added. Just think that for all the people who wish to keep their numbers that they cannot win top prize if any of the extra numbers come out.