Are Camelot getting greedy or desperate?

I think Camelot are going to need to add a zero to their jackpot every week to do that :hihi: (...which is also the reason why I think Camelot have been losing, and will continue to lose, business).

What did I see in the shop last night...£17m as the jackpot for a quadruple rollover, was it? You'd be into 3 digit-millions for a quadruple rollover on the Euro lottery.

Now I know full well the Euro scales up with the territorial reach...but I believe most people who play lotteries, regularly or not, just look at the big number - and that's the killer for Camelot.

I agree, but I'm sure the amount available as the jackpot for the national lottery has gone down as well.

17m for a quad rollover, thats pretty pathetic really.

Not a chance it was ever that much for just 4 numbers. In the first month of the National Lottery, my gran won £4k for FIVE numbers, which may be what you are thinking of.

How much you get for your numbers depends entirely on ticket sales and how many other people got the same numbers you do.

The way camelot was awarded this in 2009 was about as dodgy as the awarding the multi-billion-pound West Coast Main Line rail franchise to FirstGroup.

I think that Virgins bid for the national lottery said it would give ALL profits to charity.

But camelot still ,got the renewed license even though the jackpot on a Saturday was about £4m.

Totally dodgy decision.

Not a chance it was ever that much for just 4 numbers. In the first month of the National Lottery, my gran won £4k for FIVE numbers, which may be what you are thinking of.

Might be right, could have been 5, I could almost swear it was 4 though - But yes, it does depend on how many winners there are, in fact once, quite recently, the prize for 4 numbers was £15 because it was shared by so many, causing outrage because it was less than if you matched 3.

"A total of 16,593 ticketholders matched four numbers to claim £15 each, while 219,273 won £25 for matching three numbers.

Seven ticketholders matched five numbers plus the bonus to take home £8,211 while 464 won £105 for five numbers.

The two jackpot winners will collect a prize of £360,076 for matching all six numbers."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11033907/Mad-lottery-draw-three-winning-numbers-pays-out-more-than-four.html

That was a poor day to win the lottery!

Edited by Leah-Lacie

• 2 months later...

Just had an email from lotto, stating they're adding an extra 10 numbers (1-59)!!

Considering we've been playing almost since day one, back then it was wed & fri only. Typical scenario we'd leave it until 7pm then dash round for the tickets Then came online lotto by direct debit...needless to say we signed up. Since then the cost has doubled, our original 1 line each on wed & Fri cost us just £4, now it's £8 or rather £32 or £40 per month depending. Have we won....lol... In the past 3yrs we've got 3 numbers 3 times, yet I've spent best part of £1500 quid!!

Now I hear they're adding another 10 numbers so my odds are further diminished. I think it's time to bail out.

Pal at work played the Irish lotto last week, £6.50 stake won £1900!! Partners collegue won £600 last week too!!

Yep, I think I'll bail out and play the Euro and Irish lotto.

My view is if I'm goons be lucky then I'm gonna be lucky!

Anybody else quitting?

Just had an email from lotto, stating they're adding an extra 10 numbers (1-59)!!

Considering we've been playing almost since day one, back then it was wed & fri only. Typical scenario we'd leave it until 7pm then dash round for the tickets Then came online lotto by direct debit...needless to say we signed up. Since then the cost has doubled, our original 1 line each on wed & Fri cost us just £4, now it's £8 or rather £32 or £40 per month depending. Have we won....lol... In the past 3yrs we've got 3 numbers 3 times, yet I've spent best part of £1500 quid!!

Now I hear they're adding another 10 numbers so my odds are further diminished. I think it's time to bail out.

Pal at work played the Irish lotto last week, £6.50 stake won £1900!! Partners collegue won £600 last week too!!

Yep, I think I'll bail out and play the Euro and Irish lotto.

My view is if I'm goons be lucky then I'm gonna be lucky!

Anybody else quitting?

I will stop when they increase the number of balls, greedy gits. I'm sure Irish lottery will be increasing the number of balls in their draw too by a couple more.