This sicked me, but should the Ambulance service answer questions too?

]I resent that remark. [/b]I started this thread using the most up to date information on the case as it stands. Yes there may be more information that exonerates the Ambulance service to come, but as yet all we know is what they have released.

What we do know is, a woman was violently attacked.

A call was made to the ambulance service which was downgraded in importance, for reasons unknown.

At least one more call was made to the ambulance service but still no ambulance arrived.

Over an hour later the police, giving up on the paramedics arriving, took it upon themselves to take this woman to the hospital.

Her baby later died and the woman miscarried.

I for one would like to know why the ambulance service did not respond quicker. Even if the reason is completely acceptable, something went wrong and a baby died.

What is fact is that we don't know the facts.

All we know is that this woman had a brutal beating for reasons unknown by persons unknown.

Until we are in full possession of the FACTS none of us can really judge. All we know is that people unknown were intent on causing harm to this womans unborn child and you should be directing any blame to those unknown people rather than blaming the situation on the ambulance not arriving insitu as quickly as ,in hindsight, was necessary.

All we know is that this woman had a brutal beating for reasons unknown by persons unknown.

Until we are in full possession of the FACTS none of us can really judge. All we know is that people unknown were intent on causing harm to this womans unborn child and you should be directing any blame to those unknown people rather than blaming the situation on the ambulance not arriving insitu as quickly as ,in hindsight, was necessary.

These are two separate issues. Of course the main problem is with people attacking someone. That really goes without saying.

That doesn't mean it is not allowed to question and discuss the performance of the emergency services. It is reasonable of the OP to ask the question he has.

Your attempt to deny the question is frankly ridiculous.

This is a no-brainer for me, even though I detest that phrase. As Obelix has clearly explained there might be many valid reasons why ambulances weren't available to respond to this incident. The fact remains though, that a 70 minute wait for a victim of a potentially fatal assault is utterly unnaceptable; questions need to be answered.

---------- Post added 18-06-2015 at 23:23 ----------

With respect, that's BS. The ambulance service quite definitely need to be honest about the reasons they couldn't respond effectively to a woman whose life was in grave danger.

I really can't understand why you're saying anything else; no - one's disputing that ambulance crews do a bloody great job, what's your complaint exactly?

Edited by Halibut

It's amazing how we all feel free to make comment with regards the service despite the fact we know nothing about the way calls are graded, we don't know what was said to the person receiving the call , we don't know how many paramedics or ambulances were on duty ( all of which affect the level and type of service we receive.

I'm a first responder - I do know how the calls are graded because I respond to them. What we don't know is what was said - that's the crucial thing.

Calltakers dont decide on priority, calls are coded by a system such as NHS Pathways or AMPDS & graded according to priority symptoms such as Red1 (not breathing) Red2 (none-traumatic chest pain, difficulty breathing, reduced level of consciousness). As far as i know assaults not displaying priority (red flag) symptoms ie no loss of consciousness, no serious bleeding etc will be graded Green2.

Also the calltaker isnt the person who dispatches the ambulance, that would be the dispatcher.

The London Ambulance Service are called out to over 1.5 million emergencies a year. Mistakes will be made!

At what point should people or organisations not pay for their mistakes. The Deepwater Horizon oil spill was certainly not intentional. It was a mistake that led to the disaster. Should BP just have apologised and said "we made a mistake" and been allowed to walk away scot free?

At what point should people or organisations not pay for their mistakes. The Deepwater Horizon oil spill was certainly not intentional. It was a mistake that led to the disaster. Should BP just have apologised and said "we made a mistake" and been allowed to walk away scot free?

The NHS is amazing and they all do a very hard job for no money! I'll give them support not constant criticism.