This sicked me, but should the Ambulance service answer questions too?

This is a no-brainer for me, even though I detest that phrase. As Obelix has clearly explained there might be many valid reasons why ambulances weren't available to respond to this incident. The fact remains though, that a 70 minute wait for a victim of a potentially fatal assault is utterly unnaceptable; questions need to be answered.

---------- Post added 18-06-2015 at 23:23 ----------

With respect, that's BS. The ambulance service quite definitely need to be honest about the reasons they couldn't respond effectively to a woman whose life was in grave danger.

I really can't understand why you're saying anything else; no - one's disputing that ambulance crews do a bloody great job, what's your complaint exactly?

With respect - I don't have one - don't know what you are on about tbh !:confused:

---------- Post added 19-06-2015 at 20:48 ----------

The London Ambulance Service are called out to over 1.5 million emergencies a year. Mistakes will be made!

They will - but we don't know that one has been made yet since the result of internal enquiries has not yet been made public.

None of us know the full facts so to start wagging the finger of blame at any one sector is very premature and unhelpful.

Regards.

Edited by Daven

I was mugged a while ago at 7.30am. I didn't suffer harm nor any loss..but I considered it worthy of a 999 and a police car arrived in about 6 minutes.

In the case where the woman was attacked and lost her baby it appears the person who first phoned in didn't understand the gravity of the situation and therefore couldn't emphasise the seriousness to the controller.

If the controller had been told that a pregnant woman was being stomped on I've no doubt they'd have reacted differently, if the only report is of someone being pushed to the ground then they grade the response accordingly.

Not as bad as the old fella that slipped on ice at top of Leighton a few years ago. Injured his back and couldn't be moved. It took ambulance 4 and half hours to arrive.

Ambulance stated that they were basically a ferry service for people with sprained/broken body parts when a taxi would have sufficed. Fortunately the good people in that area provided blankets to keep him warm.