Salsa classes in sheffield

Anyone know of the best place to go for a couple who are wanting to take up salsa dancing? Both 22 and beginners, although we have done other forms of dancing before.

We are in the Nether Edge area.

Thanks!

The Mambo Collective are long established (14 years) Salsa Classes based at St Mary's Church, Bramall Lane.

Check website for details: http://www.themambocollective.com

The next novice class cycle is scheduled to commence Tuesday 5th January at 7pm.

Edited by Fent
updated web link

Anyone know of the best place to go for a couple who are wanting to take up salsa dancing? Both 22 and beginners, although we have done other forms of dancing before.

We are in the Nether Edge area.

Thanks!

Dance Revolution , located in the city centre.

Been there before and the teacher/founder is amazing! Had a lovely time.

Check dance revolution on facebook ! 100% guaranteed

• 8 months later...

Reviving this topic as me and my partner are looking for dance classes

Needs to be for beginners, my man has NO rythem what so ever so they must be patient with us lol thinking Salsa? Modern Jive?

We are in Hillsborough but don't mind travelling

Already know about Cubannas and not a fan

Thanks for any future recommendations

Needs to be for beginners, my man has NO rythem what so ever so they must be patient with us lol thinking Salsa? Modern Jive?

As I said before Dance revolution is the place to be!

Ring Jaleh,shes the director and teacher , she will inform you about the lessons

Call 07788263664

Needs to be for beginners, my man has NO rythmn what so ever so they must be patient with us lol thinking Salsa? Modern Jive?

Modern Jive is a lot easier for the rythmically-challenged as it has less emphasis on footwork. You still need to move to the music, but it's a lot simpler than the simultaneous arm- and foot-work of salsa. And people who have so far shown no sign of rythmn can develop it through dancing Modern Jive. I used to be one of them and still find it hard to do more demanding footwork in salsa or tango, but can stay on the beat pretty well nowadays.

Blitz at Crookes Social Club is the best MJ venue in Sheffield, every Wed & Thur night at 7.30. Every MJ class evening (whatever the venue) starts with a lesson aimed at absolute beginners, and has crew on-hand to work with beginners throughout the evening and during the more complex intermediate class later.

And if you want to see Blitz in action, we'll be doing a demo on the Tramlines stage in the Peace Gardens this Saturday at 5pm. (I'm not a Blitz employee, by the way, just one of the crew of volunteers who work with beginners.)

See you on the dance-floor soon, Sandcastle!

• 4 weeks later...

We've got a new cycle of our novice salsa classes commencing Tuesday 6th September, 7pm

The classes are held at the Dance Revolution Studios, 3 Bailey Street, Sheffield S1 4EH

This class will be perfect for you. We start slow right from the beginning with all the basics but by the end of the 12 week cycle you'll be confident enough to go out and social dance. Trust me, I'm a professional :cool:

For more details see: http://www.themambocollective.com

---------- Post added 25-08-2016 at 21:59 ----------

Hi guys, do you know any salsa instructor available to hire? Many thanks,

Hi Kimilla,

I'm a very experienced Salsa teacher, over 15 years of experience as a teacher with regular class in Sheffield.

If you're still looking for a teacher please contact me via our website: http://www.themambocollective.com/contact/

or PM me.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...