Is there anyway to persuade my daughter to end her relationship?

Blumin'ell! I'd be so infuriated that I wouldn't be responsible for my own actions,sorry to hear that mate. The arsole my daughter currently dates just sells weed and sleeps around (I hope)

Furious doesn't even come close to how I feel but I have had to make it clear to her now that she's on her own because of her choices. I can't pick anymore pieces up because I've run out of steam now and neither me or hubby are as young or fit as we used to be. We both have serious health issues which in turn are making us re-consider our wills because there's no way on earth will we allow that waste of space to get his hands on a single cent of ours. The only way we can do that is to cut our daughter out and that really breaks my heart. Her share would be controlled by her siblings and they won't be as stupid with her as we have been.

I feel as if she's about to give him his marching orders anyhow...........but she'll have him back again and every time she does that we are fed a pack of lies and it's that which makes me even more angry. If she wants him then good luck to her but she will lose our support and thats what she has to understand.....and then I've got to stick to it!

Blumin'ell! I'd be so infuriated that I wouldn't be responsible for my own actions,sorry to hear that mate. The arsole my daughter currently dates just sells weed and sleeps around (I hope)

Not your business and you need to close your eyes and ears until she is ready to admit he's not for her

Not your business and you need to close your eyes and ears until she is ready to admit he's not for her

I never said it was my business, just how I would feel if I was in his shoes. I agree you are most probably right, but as a parent your instinct is to intervene and stop it.

I never said it was my business, just how I would feel if I was in his shoes. I agree you are most probably right, but as a parent your instinct is to intervene and stop it.

I agree but hard tho it is it's the worst possible thing you could do. And a wee tip you really shouldn't be putting stuff on a public site about him selling weed - even if you can prove it. If he is and it's a big issue for you then dob him in to the police. Just remember if he's with your daughter even tho she isn't she gets caught up in this and tho innocent could be the subject of police attention as an accessory as if you know about it then likely she does to.

Just remember the police monitor sites such as these. Deal with it privately instead of publishing your business on the internet I'd suggest.

Small afterthought they can trace YOU from your IP address if they are monitoring and choose to take this further.

Edited by annbaker

Well, you do seem to think the solution is very simple, whereas people who have been in this situation with their children would probably have a different opinion.

People are different. Sure i could say "Its her choice" or "she has to work things out for herself" or some other lame crap. In the mean time her partner could be abusing the hell out of her. But hey, as long as shes allowed to make her own choices no matter how it affects hers and OTHERS lives.

:)

People are different. Sure i could say "Its her choice" or "she has to work things out for herself" or some other lame crap. In the mean time her partner could be abusing the hell out of her. But hey, as long as shes allowed to make her own choices no matter how it affects hers and OTHERS lives.

In other words, no, you don't or have never had children.

And how do you imagine you can "snap someone out of it" when it is a relationship they want to be in? Do you think a few comments will make her suddenly reassess and dump him?

I don't have children, but I can see that this approach is unlikely to work.

---------- Post added 19-06-2015 at 11:58 ----------

How is it not the business of a parent of an adolescent child who that child is dating? :huh: