This is terrorism. Not a hate crime!!

In my opinion, terrorists are people who use terror to further a political or personal agenda.

People who just randomly go on a killing spree, regardless of colour, tend to be more of a mentally ill type variety.

For example, if the guy who attacked the church was part of a group actively engaged in trying to remove coloured people from the US, and this was carried out as part of that agenda then I would consider it an act of terrorism. Just opening fire on his own makes him more of a nutter to me.

He was a racist. That black community church was deliberately targeted......not for the first time. How can this be anything other that a terrorist attack?!?

If the man was a Muslim, what then?

In my opinion, terrorists are people who use terror to further a political or personal agenda.

People who just randomly go on a killing spree, regardless of colour, tend to be more of a mentally ill type variety.

For example, if the guy who attacked the church was part of a group actively engaged in trying to remove coloured people from the US, and this was carried out as part of that agenda then I would consider it an act of terrorism. Just opening fire on his own makes him more of a nutter to me.

Discuss..............

Timothy McVeigh was white and considered a Terrorist due to his political motive...

What's the difference here? This was a deliberate, targeted attack.

---------- Post added 19-06-2015 at 10:25 ----------

Jon Stewart hits the nail on the head here!

If the man was a Muslim, what then?

Mentally ill muslim ?

Was Jack The Ripper or any other serial killer a terrorist ?

Most if not all killers target their victim before hand.

I would say that The Daily Show is one of the US's "main media outlets".

That's like saying Have I got news for you is one of the UK's main media outlets. It's a satire programme.

---------- Post added 19-06-2015 at 10:32 ----------

Mentally ill muslim ?

Was Jack The Ripper or any other serial killer a terrorist ?

Most if not all killers target their victim before hand.

Are you actually being serious? Can't work it out :huh:

Are you actually being serious? Can't work it out :huh:

Most killers target their victims before hand, are all killers a terrorist. Not that hard to figure out, is it ?

I fail to see the point of this thread.

Terrorism/hate crime, tomato/tomato ...

The FBI called it a case a domestic terrorism, others have called it a hate crime, it's both.

I don't hear people complaining about the men branded as terrorists for planting bombs in Bali nightclubs, when it was clearly a hate crime towards non-Muslims.

That's like saying Have I got news for you is one of the UK's main media outlets. It's a satire programme.

It's far more than that, it's the antidote to Fox News. Many people I know in the US say it's their first choice of news.

Edited by milquetoast1

Timothy McVeigh was white and considered a Terrorist due to his political motive...

Random Muslim, British Muslim, walks into a shopping centre, filled with random people of every race, opens fire killing many people = Terrorist attack.

White supremacist, kills 9 black people in a church which has been targeted and attacked many times before = Hate crime?

Yeah?

Erm, he was trying to enforce his own beliefs onto others using fear to do so. I'd say that is almost a dictionary definition of terrorism.