Stowaways die after hiding in BA Jumbo jet undercarriage

Apparently so...

The second man, aged between 25 and 30, is in a critical condition in a west London hospital after miraculously surviving the ordeal.

http://news.sky.com/story/1504970/stowaway-plunges-to-death-from-ba-plane

Seems it's an 8,000 mile trip, and possibly temperatures as low as -60'c.

BBC news report here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33196210

South Africa is not the worst African country by far,desperate shouldn't have come into it,as proved it was very risky.

the last guy who fell out of a plane and ended up severely denting a Barnet car bonnet also flew from Johanesburg.

I think they choose Jo'Burg because it is one of the few places in southern Africa with direct flights to London. The guy may not be South African himself.

Airliners should be forced to make the undercarriage safe for travel, heated with cushions and an hot drinks dispenser. :rolleyes:

And oxygen.

Your first ever SF slither into the art of humour, you'll be doing impersonations next.

---------- Post added 20-06-2015 at 08:25 ----------

I don't feel sorry for them at all, they know what they are doing, of all the flights leaving S. Africa they make sure they are on a British one, not Russia, Japan or China but benefit land.

One is dead so benefit money is safe in the bank. It's a win isn't it?

Your first ever SF slither into the art of humour, you'll be doing impersonations next.

So you are claiming to have read all 1,608 of my posts even though you became a member two months after me. :suspect:

I on the other hand haven't read all your 186 post.

of all the flights leaving S. Africa they make sure they are on a British one, not Russia, Japan or China but benefit land.

there are no direct flights to Russia or Japan from South Africa and none for China either except Hong Kong.

there are also less European flights than there used to be now it is only London, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam.

So you are claiming to have read all 1,608 of my posts even though you became a member two months after me. :suspect:

I on the other hand haven't read all your 186 post.

That's more like it, back to your old personalities. And stay away from the 'comedy', it doesn't suit you.

---------- Post added 20-06-2015 at 09:34 ----------

there are no direct flights to Russia or Japan from South Africa and none for China either except Hong Kong.

there are also less European flights than there used to be now it is only London, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam.

Ill advisedly they probably thought the Jo'burg route would come with less peril or complications. Africa, Europe then Calais, stop.

I wouldn't be surprised the one who's dead was dead as soon as the wheels retracted. The space is tiny once the wheels are up.

Edited by cassity

Hmmm, strange they happened onto a benefit bound country.