Tag watch where to sell

£2400 for a watch. You can get a good un for a tenner. What extra's do you get for a watch that costs 240 times as much.

Angel1.

Snob value and pride of ownership. Like said, Kia v Merc. Both will get you from A to B but the Kia makes you Joe Average as the other 'could' make you look wealthy and above others although we know that is nonsense.

I have a Swiss watch and I wear it at weddings, family funerals, interviews and when I have a reason to wear my pin striped Barney Goodman suit and Crombie.

But does ot tell better time than the £5 Casio I take on holiday? Nope!

Snob value and pride of ownership.

Yes and No. Prestige watches depreciate in value over the years but as their become more rare, they again increase and can, if you have the right watch end up being worth much more than the original price.

Yes and No. Prestige watches depreciate in value over the years but as their become more rare, they again increase and can, if you have the right watch end up being worth much more than the original price.

Yes, like a vintage Breitling Navitimer.

My favourite but too big a face for my small wrist.

The Tag is a nice size. I did have a very good fake but it died.

£2400 for a watch. You can get a good un for a tenner. What extra's do you get for a watch that costs 240 times as much.

Angel1.

Because you wouldn't see Jason Bourne popping into Argos for a £9 Casio digital watch, that's why.

(I would though)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2533393.htm

Yes, like a vintage Breitling Navitimer.

My favourite but too big a face for my small wrist.

The Tag is a nice size. I did have a very good fake but it died.

I have that very same problem. The propensity these days is for a face the size of a dinner plate!

Snob value and pride of ownership. Like said, Kia v Merc. Both will get you from A to B but the Kia makes you Joe Average as the other 'could' make you look wealthy and above others although we know that is nonsense.

I have a Swiss watch and I wear it at weddings, family funerals, interviews and when I have a reason to wear my pin striped Barney Goodman suit and Crombie.

But does ot tell better time than the £5 Casio I take on holiday? Nope!

Not really.

There is a genuine difference between a luxury car and a "cheap" one to drive, use, and operate in terms of performance and comfort - but the issue of prestige does also form part of the equation.

There's no difference in "telling the time" between a cheap watch and a luxury one, but there is a difference in the perceived quality of the thing, given it's also classed as an item of jewellery - which is even more about prestige than a high-end motor.

• 1 year later...

Without going through the ins and outs of watch snobbery - does anyone know if there is anywhere that'll give me a quote for a Tag im planning on getting rid of? I don't wear it anymore! Thanks in advance.