Tv licence has "10 years left"

should the bbc keep or lose the tv licence ?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. should the bbc keep or lose the tv licence ?

• make the bbc a subscription service and scrap the licence fee
    • allow the bbc to show proper adverts but remove the licence fee aswell
    • keep it the same and jail people for not paying for a licence
    • create a new tax to support the bbc

Has anyone ever looked into the word TV Licence. ? Let me save anyone time that can not be bothered to do so. TV Licence IS NOT A LICENCE. It is nothing more than a play with words. The word TV licence was used to sound official. There is not such thing as a TV Licence. Driving licence > Yes. TV Licence NO. It is nothing more than a receipt . Please do some research.

---------- Post added 05-07-2015 at 23:44 ----------

I have just started a live broadcast named code word. You all have to pay me £ 100. a month. I don’t care if you tune in or not. Pay me??? Will you pay me?? You need a code word licence to view. Pay me.

Everythings a play on words, but that's beside the point.

"Part 4

Licensing of TV reception

363Licence required for use of TV receiver

(1)A television receiver must not be installed or used unless the installation and use of the receiver is authorised by a licence under this Part.

(2)A person who installs or uses a television receiver in contravention of subsection (1) is guilty of an offence."

From the Communications Act 2003. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/part/4

Regardless of whether you agree or not it is a license, issued because the owning or use of broadcast receiving equipment is a licensed activity.

If you have a gaming machine, or another device capable of receiving a TV signal you NEED A TV LICENCE. >>>> NOT TRUE! Phone them up and ask!!!! This is the truth>>> Do you watch live bbc tv. Answer NO. Simple!

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 00:14 ----------

You all have a PC Capable of receiving my code word TV channel pay me!!! I demand payment pay me! …. Will you pay?

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 00:17 ----------

psynuk ... Do I need a licence to own a car?

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 00:20 ----------

I will answer for you. I do not need a driving licence to own a car.! … I do not need a TV licence to own a TV, game machine etc! Simple!

a gaming machine? what like an xbox, a ps vita, or a pc? phone who up? the government?

just out of curiosity.. do you actually watch live tv, do you actually have the equipment that would require a license and do you have a license?

Now I'm all for the fmotl philosophy of living but there is a consequence of doing so, If you want to be outside the framework of the law then fair dos but you can't really cherry pick those which do and does not apply to your self and maintain any air of credibility.

Again the BBC used the word Licence to sound official. It is NOT. You do not need a licence ( read receipt ) to own a TV.

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 00:26 ----------

psynuk ... Look things up then get back to me.

Again the BBC used the word Licence to sound official. It is NOT. You do not need a licence ( read receipt ) to own a TV.

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 00:26 ----------

psynuk ... Look things up then get back to me.

Its not the "BBC" who is using the term licence. Its the government in the legislation.

Someone else has quoted from the Communications Act. That's not some BBC leaflet or suggested guideline that's a statute law.

You are right your don't necessarily need a licence to own a TV. However, start receiving any live broadcast on it and you do. Same goes for any device be it a set to box, gaming machine, tablet or laptop computer which is being used for watching any live television broadcast.

You need to be covered by a TV Licence if you watch or record programmes as they're being shown on TV or live on an online TV service. This is the case whether you use a TV, computer, tablet, mobile phone, games console, digital box, DVD/VHS recorder or any other device.

Read that as DO NOT PAY!!

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 00:39 ----------

I am glad to have educated you tonight. Even if it did take a few posts for you to understand.

TV licence is NOT a licence.

but your not educating,

you don't need a licence to own a car, or to drive a car-

you need a licence to drive a car on a public road

You need a tv licence to own/use broadcast receiving equipment

What your doing is trying to find some muddy middle ground where you can circumvent the law and the fee.

But you cant, not honestly at any rate.

By all means don't pay it, don't admit to having a 'tv', don't admit to having used one.

But be honest (with us at least ) that you are simply refusing to pay. Not that you have found some great way to do what the law says you need a license for without the need for a license.