What is it with some Germans?

We were in a queue at Dublin ferry, waiting to check in with the car, one single line of cars, not two lanes merging into one, just one single lane.

Then right from the back of the queue, someone drives up, and forces the front of his car, in front of mine, not sitting to be let in (which wouldnt have happened)...so i nudged further to the car in front of me, and the person who turned out to be German moved aggressively even closer, trying to force his way, he was literally centimetres from scraping cars..and then he stupidly pointed to the cars indicating that there would be a collision, indicating that i should pull back and let him in (which didnt happen)... I very much doubt an English person would be so arrogant to push in like he did.

Why do Germans act like that.?

We were in a queue at Dublin ferry, waiting to check in with the car, one single line of cars, not two lanes merging into one, just one single lane.

Then right from the back of the queue, someone drives up, and forces the front of his car, in front of mine, not sitting to be let in (which wouldnt have happened)...so i nudged further to the car in front of me, and the person who turned out to be German moved aggressively even closer, trying to force his way, he was literally centimetres from scraping cars..and then he stupidly pointed to the cars indicating that there would be a collision, indicating that i should pull back and let him in (which didnt happen)... I very much doubt an English person would be so arrogant to push in like he did.

Why do Germans act like that.?

He was probably in a rush to get to Poland.

...again.

Signed: Basil.

They're not all like that at all and I can think of people from other nationalities including from the UK who could use a good lesson in manners. The days of the towels on the sunbeds cliche have gone thankfully :)

Perhaps its just the ones that i have met then Ann, i wondered if it was just something they did with people from other countries, and not with their own....as for towels on beds, yeah the Brits are just as bad for that

Perhaps its just the ones that i have met then Ann, i wondered if it was just something they did with people from other countries, and not with their own....as for towels on beds, yeah the Brits are just as bad for that

Don;t think so. Ones I've met not like that at all but I have come across people such as you describe from other nationalities - the loud person from the US with equally loud clothes who think cos they're American they somehow have to shout at you to be understood being the main offender (maybe it's to be heard above their clothes :) but I think some Brits abroad need a reality check. I remember several years ago being in the Dordogne and there was a table of obvious retirees from over here. Posh ones at that and God were they lording it up. They obviously lived there from what they were saying but when this horrid moaning little woman came out with ' Well they all speak French don;t they' I cringed. Wee clue. They're French. Their English was perfectly good too. They were so rude.

I used to love it when I lived in London when an obnoxious tourist asked for directions. Used to send them in circles. mean I know but if you don't ask nicely don't expect to be treated same :)

They're not all like that at all and I can think of people from other nationalities including from the UK who could use a good lesson in manners. The days of the towels on the sunbeds cliche have gone thankfully :)

No they aint.

Arrogant and humourless is my experience of Germans.

Funny, I went on the ferry to the Netherlands some years ago and an Englishman had no mirror on the passenger-side. When I pointed out it was a legal requirement to have a driver-side mirror in the Netherlands (ie. the car is flipped) he went ballistic, calling me an interfering m*f*.

The reason I pointed it out was because he had no way of checking for cyclists on his passenger side, which, from experience, is one of the key-things you need it for when driving on the right-hand side of the road in the Netherlands.

All Englishmen are seriously rude is what I decided from that experience.

(Or at least I would have, if I generalised)

Guest sibon

All Englishmen are seriously rude is what I decided from that experience.

You'd have been wrong. You stupid idiot.

:wink:

---------- Post added 21-06-2015 at 18:57 ----------

No they aint.

Arrogant and humourless is my experience of Germans.

Humble, intelligent and very polite in my experience.

My experience of tourist behavior abroad

English: Nice when they're sober. Usually drink too much then get loud and stupid

Germans: Ditto

Americans: I need service right away. Jeezuz somebody stick a fire cracker up that waiter's ass.

Canadians: Oh no! We're Canadians NOT Americans

Australians: We're from God's country

French: Look everybody! We're French. That's why we talk so loud so you'll all know. The food here is just fit for pigs