What is it with some Germans?

My experience of tourist behavior abroad

English: Nice when they're sober. Usually drink too much then get loud and stupid

Germans: Ditto

Americans: I need service right away. Jeezuz somebody stick a fire cracker up that waiter's ass.

Canadians: Oh no! We're Canadians NOT Americans

Australians: We're from God's country

French: Look everybody! We're French. That's why we talk so loud so you'll all know. The food here is just fit for pigs

Now that made me laugh Harleyman, but probably not a million miles away from my experience

---------- Post added 21-06-2015 at 19:04 ----------

Nobody in London queues at bus stops anymore, it's every man for himself. This has come about as Londoners have learnt from the custom of immigrants in the capital.

Is that true.??

that should never happen, i would never survive in London then, i would be arguing with everyone :huh:

Now that made me laugh Harleyman, but probably not a million miles away from my experience

Is that true.??

that should never happen, i would never survive in London then, i would be arguing with everyone :huh:

Yep.

He got the French bit bang on.

Nobody in London queues at bus stops anymore, it's every man for himself. This has come about as Londoners have learnt from the custom of immigrants in the capital.

Did they ever? They didn't when I lived there in the 80s. I can remember one night a wee old lady stood at the stop with her shopping. Bus came along (one of the old Routemaster ones). I swear was just me and her there. I don;t know where they came from but they literally trampled over me, her and her shopping.

The conductor was lovely. We helped her get her stuff together and he kicked 4 of them off the bus and made someone give her a seat - unheard of in London.

Tube is even worse!

---------- Post added 21-06-2015 at 19:06 ----------

Is that true.??

Oh it's true alright! You end up you have to ignore it or you would chin someone. When I got to that point I decided was time for me to leave and move back up north where people behave a bit better.

My mum used to be horrified when she came to stay and we were using the tube. I'd say hang on to my coat. I'd fight my way on elbows out and made sure she got a seat. I got well told off - wasn't brought up that way but you honestly have no choice sometimes or you;d never get on never mind a seat.

However once you have it sussed where to stand, you get to know which bit of the train to go for. However I maintain you could get murdered on the Tube and no-one would see it cos no-one looks at anyone - verboten. Just not done

I fainted one morning on my way to work not long after I'd moved down there. Carriage was mobbed when it happened. Came too and it was obvious they'd stepped over me. That was 1984 and it's no better now.

My mum used to be horrified when she came to stay and we were using the tube. I'd say hang on to my coat. I'd fight my way on elbows out and made sure she got a seat. I got well told off - wasn't brought up that way but you honestly have no choice sometimes or you;d never get on never mind a seat.

However once you have it sussed where to stand, you get to know which bit of the train to go for. However I maintain you could get murdered on the Tube and no-one would see it cos no-one looks at anyone - verboten. Just not done

I fainted one morning on my way to work not long after I'd moved down there. Carriage was mobbed when it happened. Came too and it was obvious they'd stepped over me. That was 1984 and it's no better now.

That makes me feel sad.....what have we become, we used to look after each other...

Sign of the times :( I was more p'd off that the white jacket I had on had to be binned cos no way were the mucky marks ever gonna come out.

I guess it's the same in lots of major cities around the world.

I saw a programme other week, (something to do with railways). Anyhow, it was in Japan, and this particular station actually employed folk to push/cram commuters onto the train.

Did they ever? They didn't when I lived there in the 80s. I can remember one night a wee old lady stood at the stop with her shopping. Bus came along (one of the old Routemaster ones). I swear was just me and her there. I don;t know where they came from but they literally trampled over me, her and her shopping.

The conductor was lovely. We helped her get her stuff together and he kicked 4 of them off the bus and made someone give her a seat - unheard of in London.

Tube is even worse!

---------- Post added 21-06-2015 at 19:06 ----------

Oh it's true alright! You end up you have to ignore it or you would chin someone. When I got to that point I decided was time for me to leave and move back up north where people behave a bit better.

The London Tube is no worse than the New York subway or the Paris Metro. They're all about equal when it comes to common discourtesy,

Better keep a tight grip on your wallet on the Paris Metro. They'll nick it before you blink an eye otherwise

The London Tube is no worse than the New York subway or the Paris Metro. They're all about equal when it comes to common discourtesy,

Better keep a tight grip on your wallet on the Paris Metro. They'll nick it before you blink an eye otherwise

No I know having been on them as well. Just the way it is. People want to get to work or wherever they're going, it's busy and you just have to wear it. A bit more polite I always found on the Clockwork Orange in Glasgow but then it's nowhere near as busy as any of those 3.

One thing tho I love on the Paris Metro are the buskers on the train. People a bit less po-faced when they get on :)

---------- Post added 21-06-2015 at 19:42 ----------

I guess it's the same in lots of major cities around the world.

I saw a programme other week, (something to do with railways). Anyhow, it was in Japan, and this particular station actually employed folk to push/cram commuters onto the train.

Yes they've been doing that for a long long time.