What is it with some Germans?

Guest sibon
Yes, to a significant extent.

You'd better explain your extraordinary claim properly then. Instead of just posting soundbites.

I'm all ears. Explain yourself.

Dont think that has a lot to do with it . Ones that stamped me and that old lady that night** certainly had London accents. It's just a very impersonal place like a lot of big cities are. Everyone is always in a hurry and that's just the way it is plus you have tourists under your feet when you're trying to get to work** which doesn't help.

is no different in Paris, Sydney, Melbourne, New York in my experience

** Are both these bits correct?

Of course they are I was there! I picked her up off the road and the bus conductor and I repacked her shopping. Happened outside Seven Sisters Tube. I was on way home from work.

And yes. I worked near the Houses of Parliament and lost count of the number of tourists clogging up the tube when actually a 10 minute walk would have got them where they wanted to be quicker. I take it you have never lived in London?

Visited: yes, often.

Lived: no, thank goodness.

Am glad I don't now. 3 and a half years was plenty for me. :)

---------- Post added 22-06-2015 at 06:13 ----------

Queuing at bus stops in London has absolutely not a thing to do with race. Whilst yes there were several ethnic groups there when I lived there in the mid 80s, it wasn't the immigrants who appeared out of corners when the bus came. usually the immigrants queued like the rest of us who had been brought up better. I lived in Edmonton and laterally Hackney. Both areas had quite large immigrant communities who to be quite honest were a lot better behaved than some of the indigenous locals.

It's attitude not ethnicity. driving was an experience as well. Not for the faint hearted

Edited by annbaker

Was it a BMW driver? Maybe you are asking the wrong question:)

No, it was a Merc driver, a flash expensive one, he looked like he was some kind of businessman, one that is used to giving out orders and getting what he wants...except on this occasion he didnt..:hihi:

We were in a queue at Dublin ferry, waiting to check in with the car, one single line of cars, not two lanes merging into one, just one single lane.

Then right from the back of the queue, someone drives up, and forces the front of his car, in front of mine, not sitting to be let in (which wouldnt have happened)...so i nudged further to the car in front of me, and the person who turned out to be German moved aggressively even closer, trying to force his way, he was literally centimetres from scraping cars..and then he stupidly pointed to the cars indicating that there would be a collision, indicating that i should pull back and let him in (which didnt happen)... I very much doubt an English person would be so arrogant to push in like he did.

Why do Germans act like that.?

Because thats the correct way to drive in that situation - you should have yielded if hi is zip merging in front of you. That's how those queues are meant to work.

We were in a queue at Dublin ferry, waiting to check in with the car, one single line of cars, not two lanes merging into one, just one single lane.

Then right from the back of the queue, someone drives up, and forces the front of his car, in front of mine, not sitting to be let in (which wouldnt have happened)...so i nudged further to the car in front of me, and the person who turned out to be German moved aggressively even closer, trying to force his way, he was literally centimetres from scraping cars..and then he stupidly pointed to the cars indicating that there would be a collision, indicating that i should pull back and let him in (which didnt happen)... I very much doubt an English person would be so arrogant to push in like he did.

Why do Germans act like that.?

I see people on the roads in the UK do this almost every day, so its not a German trait.