Skyride Sheffield: 5 July

Oh you mean the football matches that last 10 hours????? :loopy:

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 09:28 ----------

You see this is the exact sort of nonsense that makes people dislike cyclists!!! I had actually taken my children to a school summer fayre - where they did fun runs, bounced on a bouncy castle, took part in a dance routine and generally ran around and had FUN for 4 hours - but sorry, if that makes me lazy (I dont think my 2 year old could cycle from High Storrs to Handworth - so I had to use my terribly lazy car) - but in any event that my children were having fun AND exercise how pathetic and judgemental are you? I could have been on my way back from a hospital visit or something - seriously, this just makes me dislike the event even more!

You need to seek professional help.

Why does cycling stress you so much.

I fully appreciate that we are all different and have different interests

I have no interest in football for instance but lots of people do. Live and let live.

I don't dislike them for it.

You seem to be filled with hatred, get help before it consumes you.

Try cycling it's a great way to unwind and forget your worrys

If you cannot remain civil I will be more than happy to suspend your accounts while you learn to do so.

I am remaining civil and am trying to show respect to others. I posted on this thread to say what a great event the sky ride was and how it was enjoyed by so many .

Unfortunately there are some on here who have an irrational hatred of cyclists

I am remaining civil and am trying to show respect to others. I posted on this thread to say what a great event the sky ride was and how it was enjoyed by so many .

Unfortunately there are some on here who have an irrational hatred of cyclists

But equally some posters would prefer roads not to be unnecessarily closed.

Er, more people are travelling at rush hour (that's why it's called so).

SCC manage to delay everyone en route by their crass mismanagement of highways.

Of course. It has nothing to do with so many people choosing to use a form of transport that causes traffic jams when they are perfectly capable of choosing an alternative that means they wouldn't get stuck.

Of course. It has nothing to do with so many people choosing to use a form of transport that causes traffic jams when they are perfectly capable of choosing an alternative that means they wouldn't get stuck.

Some people have no other choice than to drive due to disability.

good point W-Ian and Steve Marsden has done lots of sessions getting those with disabilities on bikes.

It's easy to say for those of us with no disabilities, but those who are disabled and lead enriching lives tend to ask what it is they can do, not what they can't do