Will GP prescribe something for flying fear?

After getting a little bit poorly on a flight a few years back, I've developed a totally irational fear of flying. My kids are missing out. It's not fair on them and so Ive taken the bull by the horns and booked us a holiday. However I keep thinking about sitting in that seat and waiting for take off.....I break out in a sweat, feel sick, My heart races, feel like I need the toilet, my chest hurts and then I start with the trembles. (And this is just imagining it) so how am I going to react in the real situation.

Will Dr's still prescribe some kind of relaxant in order to fly? Am I wasting my time making an appointment? Anyone in the same situation?

After getting a little bit poorly on a flight a few years back, I've developed a totally irational fear of flying. My kids are missing out. It's not fair on them and so Ive taken the bull by the horns and booked us a holiday. However I keep thinking about sitting in that seat and waiting for take off.....I break out in a sweat, feel sick, My heart races, feel like I need the toilet, my chest hurts and then I start with the trembles. (And this is just imagining it) so how am I going to react in the real situation.

Will Dr's still prescribe some kind of relaxant in order to fly? Am I wasting my time making an appointment? Anyone in the same situation?

Have a gander at the link below, you may find it useful.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/travel/203531.html

Never say never, your GP may just prescribe you something. I would ring them up and see what they say. Good luck and hope you get sorted :)

My GF is also terrified of flying, her GP gave here some Diazepam but she chose not to use it in the end as she wanted to be all together at the other end.

You could try beta blockers, especially if your on your own with kids, talk to your GP and have a nice time.

A friend has serious problems with air travel and her doctor gives here tablets to enable her to sleep from Manchester to Barbados, sparks out.