Yep! … this is the English for you!

I'm not sure what your point is? Could you clarify? When did England go to war by itself?

There was a period in WW2 when the UK (not England) was the only country at war with Germany. This was before the USA came in after Pearl Harbor and the USSR came in after Germany broke their non-aggression pact and invaded them.

There was a period in WW2 when the UK (not England) was the only country at war with Germany. This was before the USA came in after Pearl Harbor and the USSR came in after Germany broke their non-aggression pact and invaded them.

I'm sure that Australia, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand were at war with the Germans as well.

And our Commonwealth partners who had various degrees of independence and self rule which enabled them to make their decisions.

Australia on Germany September 3, 1939

New Zealand on Germany September 3, 1939

Union of South Africa on Germany September 6, 1939

Canada on Germany September 10, 1939

(India on Germany September 3, 1939 - who decided?)

Germany on Yugoslavia April 6, 1941

Germany on USSR June 22, 1941

The United States on Germany December 11, 1941

This is serious, I just hope it doesn’t get deleted like the travel to Europe thread without understanding the reasons …

Anyway,

FACTS: I am British but not English. I was born and raised several thousand miles away.

Oh yes, British and proud, but please wait

Why do the Brits always paint themselves nice and beautiful when in fact …,

I was having this conversation with a neighbour ..a nice old man .. 85 years old .. he took part in WWII

Me: so tell me then, Napoleon was defeated by the Duke of Wellington, was he?

Him: he certainly was!

And where was that?

- Belgium.

- and what was the Duke of Wellington doing in Belgium?

- well … Belgium was a close friend of ours .. It needed help and we didn’t hesitate

- I see, so you helped Belgium because it was your friend?

- Actually we always have great many friends … except the idiots like Napoleon who thought they could take Europe without any resistance

- I see, so you always had friends?

- Exactly! …

- listen mate, …. You fought the USA

You had a big war with Spain

Or the French?

How about Germany?

Or Ireland?

Please … please …

I am planning to drive to Spain Sept 2015, if you like to join hit pm

You say you're British and proud and then later seem to take an anti-British stance, did not understand much about WW2 until you read books by German Generals :loopy: I don't know what you're getting at

Those who are behind time wasting and useless noise: I am seriously thinking of reporting you to the management of the forum, please take this as a final warning.

Speaking of useless noise, what did your OP actually mean?

Those who are behind time wasting and useless noise: I am seriously thinking of reporting you to the management of the forum, please take this as a final warning.

You should come and have a chat about buses instead.