Road works on Sheaf Street

Remember folks, if YOU can't go any7where at a junction, make sure to pull your car fully over the junction.

Because it's your duty to make sure that if you can't go anywhere, nobody else can!

Especially if you're driving a bus. Block as much of the roundabout as you can. This works better if you can get a group of busses to do the same.

(Just like you did outside the Jurys Inn Roundabout to block the fire engine from getting through the traffic ahead of you. Selfish. :rant::rant::rant:

Edited by nikki-red

Remember folks, if YOU can't go any7where at a junction, make sure to pull your car fully over the junction.

Because it's your duty to make sure that if you can't go anywhere, nobody else can!

Also remember those yellow box lines. That's a nice place to park your car for a while that is. :nod:

Especially if you're driving a bus. Block as much of the roundabout as you can. This works better if you can get a group of busses to do the same.

(Just like you did outside the Jurys Inn Roundabout to block the fire engine from getting through the traffic ahead of you. Selfish. :rant::rant::rant:

I dunno about specifics, but as a regular bus user myself the one thing they do on roundabouts that I'll never get is while driving around the thing, suddenly stopping halfway round to let a bus driver mate out and onto the roundabout. I mean wtf? It's so dangerous. I don't drive, fair-do's, but to me suddenly stopping on a roundabout instead of just getting off the thing...that seems dangerous to me.

Anyway, I got stuck in it too tonight, so thanks for posting up what the cause was. I usually don't have too much trouble getting home at circa 6pm, but really noticed the absolute swathe of traffic tonight! Thought there must be a reason for it.

It was chocka all along Trippett Lane, Rockingham Street, Division Street, Devonshire Street, Hanover Way and the city-bound lane of Ecclesall Road, this evening.

I even had to come to stop at one point, due to cars. A very rare thing on a bike, that.

It was chocka all along Trippett Lane, Rockingham Street, Division Street, Devonshire Street, Hanover Way and the city-bound lane of Ecclesall Road, this evening.

I even had to come to stop at one point, due to cars. A very rare thing on a bike, that.

Didn't change some habits though. Like on Penistone Road after lights with the queue continuing 20 yards ahead, car accelerates to get around bike and cut in. Because otherwise the bike would have held them up :loopy:

Hmm, I drove in the queue this morning all the way along Shoreham Street and past BBC Sheffield while they were doing the traffic information...not one mention of the mahoosive traffic jam RIGHT OUTSIDE THEIR BUILDING...

They need to take a hint from the Emu Broadcasting company, whose weather forecast used to amount to sticking your head out the window and telling it like it is...

Well it took me 50mins to get from Leeds onto the Parkway. It then took me almost another 2 hours to get from the parkway to Gleadless Townend via Sheffield City Centre to pick my daughter up. It took 40 minutes to get from outside the City Hall to Casbah!!!!

Well it took me 50mins to get from Leeds onto the Parkway. It then took me almost another 2 hours to get from the parkway to Gleadless Townend via Sheffield City Centre to pick my daughter up. It took 40 minutes to get from outside the City Hall to Casbah!!!!

Casbah! Did you go back in time as well ;)

Well there was your mistake, a silly route to take going through the city centre to get to Townend.