Road works on Sheaf Street

Because one lane closed in Sheffield brings the whole city to a standstill. Same when a bus breaks down.

Yep, ONE LANE is closed and POW! we have gridlock all over the city centre and major arterial routes.

Remember folks, if YOU can't go any7where at a junction, make sure to pull your car fully over the junction.

Because it's your duty to make sure that if you can't go anywhere, nobody else can!

Yes! Thanks to these like-minded idiots, it took THIRY MINUTES to crawl up Netherthorpe Road from Shalesmoor to the Brook Hill roundabout.

In fact, fifteen minutes of that was taken up travelling the last ten metres from the pedestrian crossing to the roundabout itself.

Yep, ONE LANE is closed and POW! we have gridlock all over the city centre and major arterial routes.

Yes! Thanks to these like-minded idiots, it took THIRY MINUTES to crawl up Netherthorpe Road from Shalesmoor to the Brook Hill roundabout.

In fact, fifteen minutes of that was taken up travelling the last ten metres from the pedestrian crossing to the roundabout itself.

Once I'd realized the problem (about the same time that radio Sheffield got around to telling me) I was stuck on the approach towards the bottom of Netherthorpe Road. I finally gave up by cutting through the Shell Petrol Station and heading towards Upperthorpe (Meadow street, I think it is). Even then, I missed a cycle of lights to cross Netherthorpe Road (and nearly a second) because of drivers on Netherthorpe Road insisting on blocking the junction.

Upperthorpe, Crookesmoor, Broomhill, Hunters Bar and Nether Edge were fine (probably quieter than usual) all the way through to Heeley.

What's it like this morning anyone?

Yesterday it was a mess... Have they fixed the manhole cover?

It wasn't as bad this morning, but St Marys Gate was still pretty busy by 0750, and queuing at 0830 when I looked out of the window.

Lots of cars coming off St Marys Gate onto Mary St thinking it will be quicker and then being confronted with the long queue on there instead.

Google Maps currently showing the dark red line along Shoreham Street (not even the normal red)

Lots of cars coming off St Marys Gate onto Mary St thinking it will be quicker and then being confronted with the long queue on there instead.

Google Maps currently showing the dark red line along Shoreham Street (not even the normal red)

AAAAAaaarrrrrgggggghhhh!!!

I never realized that Google Maps included a real time traffic speed, like that. Useful, isn't it. (How do they do it?)

Every day's a school day.

AAAAAaaarrrrrgggggghhhh!!!

I never realized that Google Maps included a real time traffic speed, like that. Useful, isn't it. (How do they do it?)

Every day's a school day.

They use the data sent it from phones that have location switched on, by using data from phones they can see how fast they have moved and therefore work out journey times. Its very clever.

I was travelling in the opposite direction this morning - but noticed the lane was still closed off.

Yes, the lane was closed and a workman was in the (still open) hole

Although it was remarkable traffic free, the single lane moving marginally faster than the 2 lanes move. Think everyone had avoided it