Sheffield Roads Damage Claims?

The OP is clearly exaggerating about the state of the roads....."immense potholes". lol.

If he thought they were so bad, did he HAVE to use those particular roads? or why didn't he take more care on them, i.e ride more slowly or take care to avoid the potholes.

People like the OP are why the west is going to pot. Everyone's so hard done to and entitled. :roll:

You really believe all that rubbish youve just posted?

The OP is clearly exaggerating about the state of the roads....."immense potholes". lol.

Are you housebound or do are some of your faculties challenged in some way?

I only ask so I may be made aware of any mitigating circumstances for your comment above.

A lot of minor or side roads in sheffield have been resurfaced especially where council tenants are the predominant occupiers of the local housing it seems. It also seems that where the houses are mostly privately owned the road improvements have not received the same attention as seems to be the case with many other council services. many of us are however grateful for the resurfacing that has been done throughout the city.

I consider any road that has bus routes on it that gets backed up during the morning and evening so called 'rush hours' to be a main road.

I wonder if you have you any idea how many of the main roads in Sheffield are in real need of resurfacing.. I for one would not like to have to count them all and some have needed doing for years.

Are you housebound or do are some of your faculties challenged in some way?

I only ask so I may be made aware of any mitigating circumstances for your comment above.

A lot of minor or side roads in sheffield have been resurfaced especially where council tenants are the predominant occupiers of the local housing it seems. It also seems that where the houses are mostly privately owned the road improvements have not received the same attention as seems to be the case with many other council services. many of us are however grateful for the resurfacing that has been done throughout the city.

I consider any road that has bus routes on it that gets backed up during the morning and evening so called 'rush hours' to be a main road.

I wonder if you have you any idea how many of the main roads in Sheffield are in real need of resurfacing.. I for one would not like to have to count them all and some have needed doing for years.

So the council is liable for the damage/ware and tear of potentially thousands of peoples vehicles that are using these roads? I think not.

So the council is liable for the damage/ware and tear of potentially thousands of peoples vehicles that are using these roads? I think not.

If the damage is caused by potholes that the council had been informed of/were aware of then you need to think again..

I think you only have to drive along 'Attercliffe Common' to know how bad the roads in Sheffield are. A major road to the North of the city in that state is disgraceful.

What i can do i suppose, is get my 'substandard' bike and smash it up, take a picture of a deep pothole and say it destroyed my bike in an accident.

I'll claim for a new bike and put in an injury claim too. Just to spite the trolls :roll:

I think you only have to drive along 'Attercliffe Common' to know how bad the roads in Sheffield are. A major road to the North of the city in that state is disgraceful.

What i can do i suppose, is get my 'substandard' bike and smash it up, take a picture of a deep pothole and say it destroyed my bike in an accident.

I'll claim for a new bike and put in an injury claim too. Just to spite the trolls :roll:

Did the road have the signs up saying the ironworks were raised? Trust me, you wont get anywhere with it. Dont see how that is "trolling".

Did the road have the signs up saying the ironworks were raised? Trust me, you wont get anywhere with it. Dont see how that is "trolling".

I dont know......like is said i only take it out at weekeneds etc so havent been back down there yet.

I was talking about 'Hots_On' who thought he/she would contribute to the thread by trying to insult me. :huh:

Not a chance mate.

Ive had substantial bills due to excessive wear and tear caused by the roads being a poor state. I just sold the car and bought a better one that can handle the crap roads. Youre peeing into the wind if you think SCC will give you a penny.

every chance mate, i have claimed twice for damaged tyres and been paid both times, you have to follow the procedure take pictures of the offending area and if everything is box ticked you get paid, although the last time i had to issue a county court to Amey, got paid plus costs.