Sheffield Roads Damage Claims?

Think the OP needs to look more, I travel that route everyday and since they started working on the road there are over a dozen signs warning you of raised iron works and uneven roads together with Bump signs from Park Square to Granville Square.

every chance mate, i have claimed twice for damaged tyres and been paid both times, you have to follow the procedure take pictures of the offending area and if everything is box ticked you get paid, although the last time i had to issue a county court to Amey, got paid plus costs.

Well done mate. And its good to know i was wrong on this one.

Think the OP needs to look more, I travel that route everyday and since they started working on the road there are over a dozen signs warning you of raised iron works and uneven roads together with Bump signs from Park Square to Granville Square.

Ii had just come round ponds forge roundabout heading towards the train station and there was a bus in front of me so didnt see it until i hit it.

Do you think i like smashing my bike into iron works at 30mph or something?

I just dont get this forum sometimes.

Ii had just come round ponds forge roundabout heading towards the train station and there was a bus in front of me so didnt see it until i hit it.

Do you think i like smashing my bike into iron works at 30mph or something?

I just dont get this forum sometimes.

The question that needs asking is what was you doing going 30mph on a road that had no tarmac surface? Didn't the uneven surface make you slow down and proceed with caution?

I just got payed out for a pothole from Sheffield cc they contested it at first saying it was inspected week before so I challenged the manager to meet me on the road questioned that day and show me what he ment on the letter he sent me. Within 24 hrs got another letter apologising and that the was going to pay me. The council have a responsibly to maintain the roads which they clearly don't so why should we pay and put our hands in our pockets for the council not doing there job properly.

Compo. That's what its all about at the end of the day. Surely if you can't get money out of the council for potholes, you can always try the "I tripped over a raised kerbstone route"

Edited by Odd-jobs