Another case of child killed by a dog.

I wasn't moving, the jogger was. Why should I have moved?

And I should care what you think because...? Asked the jogger to wind his neck in, be more careful around dogs and their owners, and next time around be more considerate about stationary path users instead of ploughing on, expecting them to move as if he owned the place, and resorting to intimidation attempts.

To avoid conflict and the situation that ended up with the runner on the floor.

My dog would attack others dogs and animals, large noisy vehicles, runners and people on bikes, she doesn't bother at all with most traffic or walkers. To avoid her getting injured, biting someone or something she shouldn't bite I anticipate her actions or avoid the situations altogether. Cyclists shouldn't be on the path but I move, runners have no idea that my dog will lunge at them if they get close, so I move out of their way. These actions keep my dog safe, other animals safe and humans safe, once you get to the point in which you say "why should I move" you are putting your dog at risk as well as other people and their animals.

• 10 months later...

Eleven children have been injured in a dog attack in a play park. It happen in a enclosed play area :loopy:

The animal, believed to be a Staffordshire bull terrier, was restrained by a parent after biting the children at the park in Blyth, Northumberland.

They suffered bite wounds as they remained trapped in the fenced-off play park, at about 18:30 BST on Wednesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-36330540

Terriers are terrible. Aptly named.

Terriers are amazing dogs. Badly trained or abused terriers are no different to any dog or indeed any animal. The become more easily scared and thats when the teeth can show. I hope all this kids are ok and not too traumatized but this dog could very well be a victim too.

I've just seen a pic on the BBC news page of the dog with it's head bowed and looks to be cowering :(

Hope the kids are all OK but i can't help but feel such sorrow for that dog..

---------- Post added 19-05-2016 at 14:41 ----------

Terriers are terrible. Aptly named.

I have two terriers!

A JRT and a Cairns - both wonderful dogs...

Round my way dogs aren't allowed in these gated playparks. .
I remember wanting to take my kids into the play area of a park when they were young. "No dog" signs were everywhere, yet some chavvy/thug type lets his akita run free in there. We go in, and on seeing the dog, come out. He tells me the dog is ok with kids and made out as if I'd somehow offended him. One look told me he wasn't a guy to be reasoned with and we left.

Signs aren't everything when peoples behaviour is involved

The maximum penalty for allowing a dog that you own or are in charge of to be ‘dangerously out of control' is fourteen years' imprisonment or a fine – or both. A 37 year female has been arrested, according to the BBC news.

I wonder if the dog was chipped, giving the owners details?

Whoa, is that how you normally react when somebody asks a question?

It's a forum, where people ask questions, and offer opinions, and threads develop.

Here's my opinion. Somebody ran too close to you, your dog physically attacked him. Your dog needs to be controlled more closely by you, and if that isn't possible then you shouldn't own the dog. There's fault on both sides.

Another point of view would be, what if the dog owner had been a lady and the jogger had been an attacker, I would hope my own dog would protect it's pack leader (owner) me, so I lay no blame on this dogs owner.

Angel1.