Another case of child killed by a dog.

I remember wanting to take my kids into the play area of a park when they were young. "No dog" signs were everywhere, yet some chavvy/thug type lets his akita run free in there. We go in, and on seeing the dog, come out. He tells me the dog is ok with kids and made out as if I'd somehow offended him. One look told me he wasn't a guy to be reasoned with and we left.

Signs aren't everything when peoples behaviour is involved

I've encountered that too. Places where dogs should be on leads, and some moron decides otherwise because his dog "is OK around other dogs and children".

[/u][/i][/b]

Another point of view would be, what if the dog owner had been a lady and the jogger had been an attacker, I would hope my own dog would protect it's pack leader (owner) me, so I lay no blame on this dogs owner.

Angel1.

Another point of view would be, what if the dog owner had been a lady and the jogger was a couple of kids running past.

Does the dog know the difference, or is it ok to bite them, to defend its pack leader?

I've encountered that too. Places where dogs should be on leads, and some moron decides otherwise because his dog "is OK around other dogs and children".

I find it annoying when off lead dogs approach my leaded dog, one owner got really angry when my dog bit her dog on the nose, serves it right, it shouldn't have stuck its nose in my dogs face.

Edited by sutty27

• 2 weeks later...
Terriers are terrible. Aptly named.

I think any dog which is not trained properly has the potential to inflict damage. Many terriers are super intelligent and are used by charities such as support dogs and hearing dogs for the deaf.

I find it annoying when off lead dogs approach my leaded dog, one owner got really angry when my dog bit her dog on the nose, serves it right, it shouldn't have stuck its nose in my dogs face.

This is my biggest hate as well. It is NOT ok for your off lead dog to approach other on-lead dogs, or other people, without asking first!

• 4 months later...

Archie Darby dog attack: baby death 'not a criminal case'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-37677803?post_id=10205622936267269_10209551053227738#_=_

The death of Archie Darby comes just three months after three-year-old Dexter Neal was fatally bitten by an American Bulldog in Halstead.

In that case, a 29-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of allowing a dog to be dangerously out of control. She remains on bail until Wednesday.

What is it about Staffordshire Bull Terriers that is so great that people feel they have to have them even though they pose a potentially fatal risk to their children? Not being a dog person I don't get the distinction and why having a similarly sized dog is not acceptable.

What is it about Staffordshire Bull Terriers that is so great that people feel they have to have them even though they pose a potentially fatal risk to their children? Not being a dog person I don't get the distinction and why having a similarly sized dog is not acceptable.

Lots of reasons - but one that i actively tried to discourage amongst rehomers was the constant and incessant attempts to cajole people to adopt them.

If rescues continue to rehome/rescue Staffie sand staffie crosses then in some pounds 100% of the dogs avaiaable to adopt are Staffies,in others at least 30% are staffies.

They even try renaming them "lurcher types".

Prior to that - they cost about £25 /£50 as pups which is cheap as chips and a cheaper alternative than getting it back out of the pound should it be caught straying.

Now not all staffies and staffie crosses are bad dogs but purely based on statistics they will be the more prevalant dogs to attack with serious consequences.