Disabled try to storm parliament.

I cannot prove it - but there are. I meet people who are on the sick who are quite able to work, but are able to claim, so don't. I have sacked someone who ended up on the sick shortly thereafter. It is from personal experience.

I think the tests people have to go through are a necessary "evil" to try to weedle out the malingerers.

The tests do not weed out malingerers, they persecute the sick and ill. People who have every right to expect some help are driven to the point of a nervous breakdown because of the hoops they are expected to jump through, which are in no way related to their disability, and are often administered without sympathy, sensitivity or understanding

The number of cases which have gone to appeal and won show how often they have got it wrong. What they don't show however are the stress and despair they have put already unwell people through, by being branded 'malingerers' (until proved otherwise,) and having to wait months for the decision to be reversed.

That is evil.

And how do you know the person you sacked was not made ill by your decision? Are you a Doctor? It happens.

The tests do not weed out malingerers, they persecute the sick and ill. People who have every right to expect some help are driven to the point of a nervous breakdown because of the hoops they are expected to jump through, which are in no way related to their disability, and are often administered without sympathy, sensitivity or understanding

The number of cases which have gone to appeal and won show how often they have got it wrong. What they don't show however are the stress and despair they have put already unwell people through, by being branded 'malingerers' (until proved otherwise,) and having to wait months for the decision to be reversed.

That is evil.

And how do you know the person you sacked was not made ill by your decision? Are you a Doctor? It happens.

Many, on disabled benefits, who were initially signed off by their GP died within months of being told they were fit to work by ATOS 'assessors'. There was an analysis that I read at the rate of 32 per week.

Of those that did die within 3 months of the decision, many died of the disease that their GP signed them off sick with. Some killed themselves. Parliament is trying to wheedle information out of the DWP and Iain Duncan Smith, but they are dissembling and dragging their feet (which the DWP never do :rolleyes:).

On a separate issue straight after the election (within days) when Iain Duncan Smith said that he didn't know how he was going to find £12 billions of savings, senior officials at the DWP leaked information that they were looking at the 'Access to Work' scheme which enabled disabled people to have support at work. I work with 2 people who need interpreters, I hope this fund isn't cut as it's vital.

Edited by Mister M

That is evil.

No. Me sacking him did not give him a limp. I don't use violence as a means of HR management.

I agree the genuinely disabled suffer as a result of the malingers dishonesty. It really is a shame that these people lie and make it difficult for everyone else. It is similar to the fact that all airline passengers have to be greatly inconvenienced to fly because of the actions of certain people.

---------- Post added 24-06-2015 at 22:12 ----------

Those who are sick and committing suicide on benefits is horrendous.

The true figures are what IDS and the DWP are trying to hide from public view.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/10/benefits-sanctions-malcolm-burge-suicides

Well they're not doing a very good job of it if it's in the naffing Grauniad are they? :roll:

Many, on disabled benefits, who were initially signed off by their GP died within months of being told they were fit to work by ATOS 'assessors'. There was an analysis that I read at the rate of 32 per week.

Of those that did die within 3 months of the decision, many died of the disease that their GP signed them off sick with. Some killed themselves. Parliament is trying to wheedle information out of the DWP and Iain Duncan Smith, but they are dissembling and dragging their feet (which the DWP never do :rolleyes:).

On a separate issue straight after the election (within days) when Iain Duncan Smith said that he didn't know how he was going to find £12 billions of savings, senior officials at the DWP leaked information that they were looking at the 'Access to Work' scheme which enabled disabled people to have support at work. I work with 2 people who need interpreters, I hope this fund isn't cut as it's vital.

David Cameron was asked about this report during prime ministers questions in the house today. Perhaps that's why the disabled protest was timed to coincide. Just speculating.

As usual, Cameron didn't answer the question properly, just the usual fudge.

No. Me sacking him did not give him a limp. I don't use violence as a means of HR management.

I agree the genuinely disabled suffer as a result of the malingers dishonesty. It really is a shame that these people lie and make it difficult for everyone else. It is similar to the fact that all airline passengers have to be greatly inconvenienced to fly because of the actions of certain people.

---------- Post added 24-06-2015 at 22:12 ----------

Well they're not doing a very good job of it if it's in the naffing Grauniad are they? :roll:

No the disabled are suffering because of the harsh implementation of government policy - nothing to do with those who are trying to fiddle the system.

Cameron said he wouldn't balance the budget on the backs of the poorest. He is doing.

Edited by Mister M

It doesn't seem to have done much good. The Beeb interrupted showing Prime Minister's Questions to cover the protest in the lobby - the BBC political editor Norman Smith interviewed one of the protesters as it was happening. There was footage of the protest broadcast on the 6 o'clock news as well.

The video I saw on the news did not seem professional, it looked like it was taken by someone in the group.

The video I saw on the news did not seem professional, it looked like it was taken by someone in the group.

The video at 6 PM looked like they showed some taken by one of the protesters who'd tried to get into the chamber. The earlier coverage I saw with Norman Smith was in the lobby and so didn't have much view of the 'action'.