Netto £2 chickens

I got a mailshot from Netto today trumpeting their £2 chickens.

Does this make you want to go to Netto and grab a bargain or does it make you a little sad?

Putting to one side for a moment the issue of animal welfare, battery farming and disease, is it even a bargain?

Looking at the small chicken on the mailshot I'd be hard pressed to make one meal out of it. It could possibly feed two at a pinch with plenty of veg but the legs are so small they could double as toothpicks.

I got a mailshot from Netto today trumpeting their £2 chickens.

Does this make you want to go to Netto and grab a bargain or does it make you a little sad?

Putting to one side for a moment the issue of animal welfare, battery farming and disease, is it even a bargain?

Looking at the small chicken on the mailshot I'd be hard pressed to make one meal out of it. It could possibly feed two at a pinch with plenty of veg but the legs are so small they could double as toothpicks.

I got two leaflets this morning. One had the £2 Chicken on the front and the other leaflet was about the new Queens Road store that's opening tomorrow. It mentions all the activities.

I wont be buying the £2 chicken though - I like to buy half a cooked one from the market for £1.80.

More and more meat we eat is Halal. Its becoming the default food. Where this leaves Jews and Hindus I don't know, but I don't suppose they matter in this increasingly Islamified country. :(

When was the Islamic State of Tinsley fully recognised by the EU then ?

More and more meat we eat is Halal. Its becoming the default food. Where this leaves Jews and Hindus I don't know, but I don't suppose they matter in this increasingly Islamified country. :(

What a load of tosh!

You have to ask how can they rear a chicken and sell for just £2 and halal? I don't think so, they can label it as such but is it actually? Have they just adjusted the rules of halal to accommodate a mass supplier? Probably got horse meat in !

But I thought Jews and Moslems both ate only animals that were slaughtered by the same method. Couldn't Jews and Moslems therefore eat the same meat?