Netto £2 chickens

I don't see how Jews would be any more disadvantaged by Halal meat than they would have been by non-Halal meat, previously.

(Assuming that there is a hidden switch over to Halal that some appear to fear).

Erm, Jews require "Kosher" food don't they? are you saying they should put up and shut up and eat Halal? would you ask a Muslim to eat Kosher?

Erm, Jews require "Kosher" food don't they? are you saying they should put up and shut up and eat Halal? would you ask a Muslim to eat Kosher?

No they can go buy kosher food obviously. Unless you're saying halal food is being labeled as kosher.

Am I missing something?

Oh and for what it's worth Muslims are fine to eat kosher food. Jews are not fine with halal food.

No I'm not. Please re-read my post, and yours that I had responded to.

(I'll assume we are particularly talking about meat, as there are plenty of Halal food which is also kosher - eg vegetables).

You appear to be concerned that Jewish people cannot eat Halal food. This is true. However, they cannot eat "normal" meat either. So, being confronted by halal meat is no different from being confronted by any other (non-kosher) food. that was my point. I don't understand why you are confused by this.

Are they halal ?

I like my dinner to be stunned unconscious before it has the coup de grace administered, not alive and then bleeding to death with it's throat cut. I don't subscribe to such a barbaric end of an animals life. If we are going to enjoy eating their flesh, we owe it to them to make their end painless at least.

Angel1.

I only eat Specially selected corn feed chicken. Or Brian turner succulent beef. Or Sheffield reared succulent lamb cutlets. Or specially selected by you 8 bacon rashers in a specially marinated recipe from Birmingham. People please don’t read into the silly things they say. A £2 chicken Is the same as an £8 chicken.

---------- Post added 25-06-2015 at 23:31 ----------

Don’t go looking for anything I said. I made it up, Just like the shops do.

I like my dinner to be stunned unconscious before it has the coup de grace administered, not alive and then bleeding to death with it's throat cut. I don't subscribe to such a barbaric end of an animals life. If we are going to enjoy eating their flesh, we owe it to them to make their end painless at least.

Angel1.

The problem is, at only £2, is their life on the run up to slaughter any better? I'm thinking that how they're killed may be a small issue compared to the months of living in squalor that they'll endure beforehand.

You have to get there early to bag any!!. I arrived at 10am on Thursday and there were at least eight people waiting the staff to put them out. Then there was nearly a fight over them, people where literally taking fifty- sixty at a time.

in two minutes the pallet of maybe two, three hundred chickens was gone.

people were complaining that they should be a limit on how many people can buy at once. In fact the staff said they could only put six at a time through the tills. so people had to wait for these people with sixty or more chicken to pay for them six at a time.

I wouldn't buy one. At that price, they must have a hideous life before dying.

I bought a £2 chicken from Asda Wakefield a few weeks back, it was rather small but looked healthy and tasted really good :hihi:

I bought a £2 chicken from Asda Wakefield a few weeks back, it was rather small but looked healthy and tasted really good :hihi:

How many meals did you get out of it?

---------- Post added 26-06-2015 at 21:45 ----------

You have to get there early to bag any!!. I arrived at 10am on Thursday and there were at least eight people waiting the staff to put them out. Then there was nearly a fight over them, people where literally taking fifty- sixty at a time.

in two minutes the pallet of maybe two, three hundred chickens was gone.

people were complaining that they should be a limit on how many people can buy at once. In fact the staff said they could only put six at a time through the tills. so people had to wait for these people with sixty or more chicken to pay for them six at a time.

Sounds like people at a foodbank or skip.

---------- Post added 26-06-2015 at 21:46 ----------

No they don't. Ask Jay Rayner.