Frankie Valli of the Four Seasons

Had to laugh to myself when I typed in the topic title similar threads came up.

Don Valley, Gleadless Valley didn't know that they was entertainment! Well it made me laugh. Back to the thread, Frankie was on breakfast news this morning and the place that stuck in his mind that he played in the 70s was the fiesta in Sheffield and the one in Stockton

Didn't realise I was so old until I saw him, I try not to look in mirrors these days.

It is a rock cliché, but delicious nevertheless.

We were at a Four Seasons concert after they had broken up,

Turns out that the drummer had wrote and sung a song in Frankie's absence that became a huge hit, "Oh what a night". WTF?

They supposedly hated each other.

We saw them on tour but when it came time for the chorus, guess who stepped in from the wings to complete the song?

yes Frankie.

Memorable!

Edited by trastrick

It is a rock cliché, but delicious nevertheless.

We were at a Four Seasons concert after they had broken up,

Turns out that the drummer had wrote and sung a song in Frankie's absence that became a huge hit, "Oh what a night". WTF?

They supposedly hated each other.

We saw them on tour but when it came time for the chorus, guess who stepped in from the wings to complete the song,

yes Frankie.

Memorable!

We were on a Princess Cruise in the Caribbean and one of the activities was a Pop Choir for any of the passengers that wanted to join. Me belonging to a show choir in the Vancouver area, was very interested and joined and one of the five songs that we sang was 'Oh What A Night' and it went down very well, so well that we got Champaign from the music director after the show which many of the guests on ship were watching. One of the singers had it recorded and he said he would put in on 'Youtube' . I don't think that came about but there were many other Pop Choirs that sang on different cruises that were on and can still be viewed to this day.

I saw him at the Fiesta.He was rubbish,his voice had gone,he couldn't hit those high notes any more.What a shame.At least I can sat I saw him.

This might have been because Frankie Valli was almost totaly deaf at one point. He did have operations, i think his last one helped him to some extent.

Watched the movie 'The Four Seasons' over the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed it but I am sure the stage version is even better.

A brilliant song that gets very little airplay is 'The Night'. Think it was recorded on the Motown label. Very often gets confused with 'Oh What a Night (December 63)' which gets much more commercial exposure.