MML electrification "paused"

Looking like the only big projects forthcoming to the MML are a rebuild of Derby and straightening out the kink in Market Harborough so that capacity can be increased by 1 train an hour.

The Transpennine electrification has also being 'paused'.

British management seems useless , it seems to be one shambles after another, last week the banks this week the chairman of network rail sacked for incompetence. Time to get foreign management in and show them how to do the job properly like the bank of england have done.

According to the bbc news article they knew about this before the election but let the improvement works roll on until after it. I'm sure the passengers on the MML will appreciate the time they wasted on rail replacement bus services was well spent as we all worked towards a Tory majority government.

According to the bbc news article they knew about this before the election but let the improvement works roll on until after it. I'm sure the passengers on the MML will appreciate the time they wasted on rail replacement bus services was well spent as we all worked towards a Tory majority government.

I'm sure everyone is more than happy it's been allowed to get into such a sorry state in the first place by a number of previous governments.

"electrification of the Great Western Line is a top priority and I want Network Rail to concentrate its efforts on getting that right".

Great to see the commuters of Swindon, Bristol and Reading dont lose out :rolleyes::rolleyes: