The Telegraph .. the BBC .. etc etc

I have a lot to say about those 2 animals .., but knowing some members of Sheffield Forum I suspect the discussion would soon get derailed and enter personal, immature and baseless accusations

But I am starting with a number of general observations

- the UK media is very powerful and influential

- because they are powerful they know and they do get away with almost anything, literally, and their misbehaviour would have virtually no impact on the health of their organisation/ business … so I do not expect any improvement because there is no force pushing towards it

May I therefore start by asking:

If you were a serious and neutral reader, if you were someone who seeks knowledge and news that you can rely on,

What are the facts that describe the policy of

* The Telegraph

* the BBC

* the Guardian

I respect your opinion and your choice but before that I really like to know the facts

Many thanks

BBC - middle class lefties. Look how often Guardian writers appear on the BBC, compared to how tiny the circulation of the paper is. And look at what newspaper the BBC buys most of, again compare with the sales figure for the population as a whole and see how out of touch they are.

Always makes me laugh when people say the BBC is left-wing. It's really not. Some of it's journalists are and some are right-wing. The BBC probably works out about neutral, but it has bias in different areas.

Ha ha ha hilarious

---------- Post added 26-06-2015 at 11:32 ----------

Always makes me laugh when people say the Telegraph is right-wing. It's really not. Some of its journalists are and some are left-wing. The Telegraph probably works out about neutral, but it has bias in different areas.

Edited by RonJeremy

We've had this "is the BBC left / right wing" argument recently:

2. The Tories mistakenly interpret any criticism as being automatically left-wing, or at the very least a sign of a lack of balance. Not true. Political correspondents at the BBC likje Robinson and Kuennsberg are very sympathetic to the Tories

Not to mention Andrew Neil, Evan Davis and Norman Smith. There are few, if any, "lefties" at BBC News these days, if there ever were.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=11057570&highlight=andrew+neil#post11057570

Facts?

None so far. Lots of opinion though.

Perhaps the op could give us an example of a fact that indicates policy. I'm not sure that its possible. A fact is a fact is a fact.

90% of the wealth of the country is owned by ??% that would be a fact but would it help. Puzzled.

I have a lot to say about those 2 animals .., but knowing some members of Sheffield Forum I suspect the discussion would soon get derailed and enter personal, immature and baseless accusations

But I am starting with a number of general observations

- the UK media is very powerful and influential

- because they are powerful they know and they do get away with almost anything, literally, and their misbehaviour would have virtually no impact on the health of their organisation/ business … so I do not expect any improvement because there is no force pushing towards it

May I therefore start by asking:

If you were a serious and neutral reader, if you were someone who seeks knowledge and news that you can rely on,

What are the facts that describe the policy of

* The Telegraph

* the BBC

* the Guardian

I respect your opinion and your choice but before that I really like to know the facts

Many thanks

All media is manipulation!

Always makes me laugh when people say the BBC is left-wing. It's really not. Some of it's journalists are and some are right-wing. The BBC probably works out about neutral, but it has bias in different areas.

Find me a right wing or even balanced article on the BBC News site and I'll give you that one.

I'll wait...