Ebay advise please

I sold a pair of trainers id bought I included box,bag and receipt I paid £95 for them I sold at £35

U listed them as worn once,I wore them all day around the house then went for a run didnt feel right so thought id sell on

The buyer has contacted me saying not as described

They claim the foam sole has indentation of my feet and claim they have been worn more than once

I replied by saying what iv put on here

He says he will open a case against me and I will refund and pay cost of return.

I feel like high street shop buy something I you get it home return for a full refund ----I thought ebay was a selling site.

Is there anything I can do apart form not to bother with ebay in future??

Unfortunately eBay will always side the buyer unless there is proof they are lying. A v large number of independent businesses are moving away from eBay as they are losing money when eBay forces a refund even if it's over something ridiculous. A mate of mine sells guitars and amps through there. eBay refunded a buyer over an item that wasn't delivered, even though it was sent recorded and the seller has proof of delivery.

Unfortunately eBay will always side the buyer unless there is proof they are lying. A v large number of independent businesses are moving away from eBay as they are losing money when eBay forces a refund even if it's over something ridiculous. A mate of mine sells guitars and amps through there. eBay refunded a buyer over an item that wasn't delivered, even though it was sent recorded and the seller has proof of delivery.

If you put that you accepted returns then just ask for them to be returned but they must pay return postage.Did you post photos of trainers showing any marks or wear?

It doesn't really make much difference how goods are described or whether you say no returns or not. Under the remote selling regulations the buyer has the right to return ANY goods for a full refund including the postage charged when goods were sent. Their only obligation is return postage. It is the law not an Ebay rule.

It doesn't really make much difference how goods are described or whether you say no returns or not. Under the remote selling regulations the buyer has the right to return ANY goods for a full refund including the postage charged when goods were sent. Their only obligation is return postage. It is the law not an Ebay rule.

Do distance selling regs apply to private sales?

You are obliged to accept a return within 14 days according to the Distance Selling regs. Ebay will usually side with the buyer. When I have sold on Ebay and had a complaint I have refunded immediately and let them keep the goods - its not worth the hassle otherwise. Looking at it from the other side - if you are a disappointed Ebay buyer you can be pretty sure of getting your money back.

You are obliged to accept a return within 14 days according to the Distance Selling regs. Ebay will usually side with the buyer. When I have sold on Ebay and had a complaint I have refunded immediately and let them keep the goods - its not worth the hassle otherwise. Looking at it from the other side - if you are a disappointed Ebay buyer you can be pretty sure of getting your money back.

See my post above...the question still stands...

yes...........

From Ebay

"The DSR's do not apply to private sellers, so for those of you that sell unwanted items as opposed to buying to sell you are not legally obliged to abide by the DSR's. You do not have to offer returns or a 7 day cooling off period"

:confused:

If I advertise something for sale in the local paper and someone asks me to post it am I bound to follow DSRs?..Don't think so.....