Looking to move to Sheffield and need some advice on areas pleas

Basegreen is a good family area,95% white english,Pitsmoor is a mix of various ethnic people,5% white english.

Because knowing the racial make up of an area is all you need to know. LOL.

Might help if you give more information OP. Why are you looking at these two areas? Do you need to be close to good schools, transport links etc?

Because knowing the racial make up of an area is all you need to know. LOL.

Might help if you give more information OP. Why are you looking at these two areas? Do you need to be close to good schools, transport links etc?

Sorry weve gone on the waiting list so in the process of bidding.

Theres gonna be my partner and step daughter who are both disabled.My partner can walk around indoors but outdoors she is in a manual wheelchair which i push.My step daughter cannot walk at all but uses an electric wheelchair when she goes out.

Our main priorities are good transport links into the town centre and also my partners daughter lives in Stannington so we wanna be able to go and visit her and her husband.

Basegreen is one of the more desirable areas of Sheffield where council houses still come up quite regularly in comparison to other good areas. Transport links are quite good from there, with both bus and tram links. It is quite a way from Stannington though, but with good transport links it wouldn't be to difficult to travel there, although it might take a while (opposite end of the city). You'd also be very close to Gleadless townend which has a lot of shops and restaurants etc, and to Crystal Peaks shopping centre.

Pitsmoor, personally I would say is a no go area if you have the option not to go there.

Ok its that time again can anyone tell me what these areas are like please i did start a thread before but for some reason the forum wont let me post a new reply and it just adds it to my last post on there

Ravenscroft Drive,Stradbroke S13

Eastern Crescent,Arbourthorne

Wolfe Road,Foxhill

Foxglove Road,Wincobank/Brightside

Morgan Avenue,Southey/Longley

Sorry to be a pain but your opinions are greatly appreciated :-)

Ok its that time again can anyone tell me what these areas are like please i did start a thread before but for some reason the forum wont let me post a new reply and it just adds it to my last post on there

Its mean to, it is to stop people bumping their own threads to the top.

I lived in Wincobank and I would say Foxglove is more Firth Park/Wincobank area than Brightside. Plenty of shops at Firth Park but Firth Park doesn't have the best image.

I'm from Grenoside originally, there are some nice parts of Foxhill. You are near to Halifax road and many buses service that road.

Places like Wincobank, Foxhill, Southey, Parson Cross tend to have a bad rep with some people. The last 3 places mainly because they are mostly council estates. You are always going to get some people telling you not to live in those areas but as you are going to be a council tenant you are limited to where you can live.